New Everton Stadium Discussion

I know everyone's hungry for pictures, so here's some of the San Francisco Giant's AT&T Park, which is a very similar project: on the water, brick exterior, centerpiece of neighborhood revitalization, dramatic views with SF skyline. It's a great stadium. I was raised a Dodgers fan and find baseball boring as hell, and even I like to go to games there!

From the upper deck over SF Bay towards Oakland/Berkeley.
View attachment 27983

From the street.
View attachment 27984

Giant Coke bottle w/ Bay Bridge in background. You could have a giant Chang bottle!
View attachment 27985

Aerial money-shot for TV broadcasts.
View attachment 27986
Everton played in it about 3 seasons ago beating Juventus on pens. It is a cracking stadium.

The new stadium would have been on Stanley Park and my understanding was it was stadium build cost rather buying properties that made up FSG's mind. I do think you will get the site but was just pointing out that Peel and the developers may have reservations. My blue cousins say they will miss Goodison but realise the club need to move.

If Peel had reservations they wouldn't of dealt with us. Truth is they wanted to do business with us because of what we can offer. A stadium and a team that will symbolise the city and help define it's world famous skyline for many generations to come. The first club in the city, doing mutually benificial business that helps to regenerate an area rather that manage its decline, without a second thought for the families that had long lived around the ground like you did in Anfield. Even as we prepare to leave we are ensuring a lasting legacy by trying to maximise the positive impact of the club on its spiritual home, free schools, social hubs.... you just ran down the innocent locals until they bowed to your expensive lawyers and bully tactics all so that you could increase your profits. What your club did to your local community was shocking, but not surprising. And don't go giving me any guff about you investing locally cause we all know that was a stipulation of any grant or permissions you recieved and it wouldn't of been done otherwise cause the people of Liverpool are not valuable enough to your club.

50Peof6.jpg
And so it begins....

If Peel had reservations they wouldn't of dealt with us. Truth is they wanted to do business with us because of what we can offer. A stadium and a team that will symbolise the city and help define it's world famous skyline for many generations to come. The first club in the city, doing mutually benificial business that helps to regenerate an area rather that manage its decline, without a second thought for the families that had long lived around the ground like you did in Anfield. Even as we prepare to leave we are ensuring a lasting legacy by trying to maximise the positive impact of the club on its spiritual home, free schools, social hubs.... you just ran down the innocent locals until they bowed to your expensive lawyers and bully tactics all so that you could increase your profits. What your club did to your local community was shocking, but not surprising. And don't go giving me any guff about you investing locally cause we all know that was a stipulation of any grant or permissions you recieved and it wouldn't of been done otherwise cause the peole of Liverpool are not valuable enough to your club.

Not that i'm condoning Liverpool's actions here, not one bit, but i'm certain Everton were/are doing a similar thing in regards to the housing.

However, I do agree that we as a club are excellent for the city, with EITC, the free school and numerous other charitable operations we are involved with. Had we not had Moshiri's financial clout, I highly doubt we'd even be in the stadium position, but all i know is i'm proud to be a blue when you see the club helping so many people less fortunate than ourselves.

Not that i'm condoning Liverpool's actions here, not one bit, but i'm certain Everton were/are doing a similar thing in regards to the housing.

However, I do agree that we as a club are excellent for the city, with EITC, the free school and numerous other charitable operations we are involved with. Had we not had Moshiri's financial clout, I highly doubt we'd even be in the stadium position, but all i know is i'm proud to be a blue when you see the club helping so many people less fortunate than ourselves.

Do Everton own houses in the area that they are leaving empty in order to create an undesirable area to live in and decrease prices/force out the locals?

Do Everton own houses in the area that they are leaving empty in order to create an undesirable area to live in and decrease prices/force out the locals?

I was under the impression that we owned a fair few houses behind the Bullens, but I may be mistaken, but i'm almost certain we do.

Not quite sure we were even showed 1% aggression like Liverpool did, in regards the residents who chose not to move, however i'm sure we were buying the property behind the Bullens at least.

I was under the impression that we owned a fair few houses behind the Bullens, but I may be mistaken, but i'm almost certain we do.

Not quite sure we were even showed 1% aggression like Liverpool did, in regards the residents who chose not to move, however i'm sure we were buying the property behind the Bullens at least.

I don't know if we do or not, but the point is, if we do we haven't left them empty and boarded up to decrease the prices and negatively effect the local area in order to forcibly remove the "stubborn' residents who wanted to stay and fight for their family homes.

Anyway, regardless. The real challenge for Everton now Is to ensure a lasting partnership with the immediate area around Goodison. Imagine how positive it would be if we could leave behind a community that will thrive without the match day traffic and spend, a community that can ultimately have a positive outcome on the removal of one of the major income streams for local businesses. How that will happen I have no idea, but I know that the club we are all proud of will do their damndest to make it happen.

I don't know if we do or not, but the point is, if we do we haven't left them empty and boarded up to decrease the prices and negatively effect the local area in order to forcibly remove the "stubborn' residents who wanted to stay and fight for their family homes.

Anyway, regardless. The real challenge for Everton now Is to ensure a lasting partnership with the immediate area around Goodison. Imagine how positive it would be if we could leave behind a community that will thrive without the match day traffic and spend, a community that can ultimately have a positive outcome on the removal of one of the major income streams for local businesses. How that will happen I have no idea, but I know that the club we are all proud of will do their damndest to make it happen.

I fully agree.

What everton do in the community, is exceptional.

I still think we'll sell it off for property, but if they could make a legacy and leave something beneficial to everyone, that would be great. I just can't see it.

However, you appear to be far more clued up, so i'll take your word for it.

I fully agree.

What everton do in the community, is exceptional.

I still think we'll sell it off for property, but if they could make a legacy and leave something beneficial to everyone, that would be great. I just can't see it.

However, you appear to be far more clued up, so i'll take your word for it.

I have no idea what the plan is for Goodison mate. Wold be nice to have something there that leaves our Mark. An on site visitors centre, full refurb into something.... I have no idea I just know it'll be sad to leave but vital for us that we do. Another chapter in our illustrious history.