New Everton Stadium Discussion

I know everyone's hungry for pictures, so here's some of the San Francisco Giant's AT&T Park, which is a very similar project: on the water, brick exterior, centerpiece of neighborhood revitalization, dramatic views with SF skyline. It's a great stadium. I was raised a Dodgers fan and find baseball boring as hell, and even I like to go to games there!

From the upper deck over SF Bay towards Oakland/Berkeley.
View attachment 27983

From the street.
View attachment 27984

Giant Coke bottle w/ Bay Bridge in background. You could have a giant Chang bottle!
View attachment 27985

Aerial money-shot for TV broadcasts.
View attachment 27986
that only look half finished...

image.jpeg

FSG built a new stand and not a new stadium because they wanted to penny pinch. No other reason. It's still a stadium in a largely residential area, not matter how many streets surrounding it have been knocked down and no matter how many trees have been planted to make the perimeter of the ground look middle class. They'll always struggle to get stadium naming rights fees as the Anfield name is far too established. LFC deciding to stay at Anfield will ultimately be seen as one of the bigger mistakes in their history. It may take a while for them to realise this but the penny will drop eventually. Perhaps as soon as our plans are announced, and definitely when they finally see it being built.

Peel need EFC to kick start their stagnant projects and LCC have been aware of EFC plans for a very long time, with the Strand traffic plans a key part of all of this. The whole area where the stadium will be built is ripe for transformation. The key thing in all of this is that this is not skint old to-be-pitied-whilst-we-laud-it, laughable pat-on-the-head Everton needing favours off people and passing the begging bowl around. This is a new Moshiri-led Everton that very clearly has a lot of money around it, difference-making money that will lead to plans being fulfilled very quickly once they are greenlit.

Think we can fit that on a banner behind a plane?

Posting as a red. (Be gentle!). When FSG decided to redevelop the main stand rather than build a new stadium in Stanley Park, they used the cost of a new build which would only add the same now of seats as redeveloping but at a cost of about £500 million pound as the reason to redevelop. The infrastructure of the area and transport links were major factors. I think when you get permission for the docks site this will be a major issue for planners due to the next to the river and the plans to reduce The Strand by 4 lanes in total. I also think Peel will gauge how investors building residential properties will feel about having a fifty thousand seat stadium and the logistics that go with it will affect the residents. Think anything that can bring investment into the city as it continues to thrive is to be welcomed.

Hate to break it to you like this but..

1. Anfield - difficulties arising from existing housing and possible objections to new build - solution: buy the houses
2. Bramley Docks: commercial and residential would have been aware of empty space with potential for development. Game over as far as that angle is concerned. That's what your solicitor does when you buy a home. If you don't like the possibility of a Costco (or whatever) from your window you don't buy.

Can't see a stadium making people reluctant to invest or live near it. It's the opposite here with our Docklands stadium. The place is surrounded by apartment towers. You should never forget the old saying, location, location, location. They'll snap it up if it meets those 3 criteria.

project_ethiad-550x250.jpg

Can't see a stadium making people reluctant to invest or live near it. It's the opposite here with our Docklands stadium. The place is surrounded by apartment towers. You should never forget the old saying, location, location, location. They'll snap it up if it meets those 3 criteria.

project_ethiad-550x250.jpg
I think of this and something similar for Everton, hopefully better, and I go to places of exhilaration I haven't reached since my twenties.

Hate to break it to you like this but..

1. Anfield - difficulties arising from existing housing and possible objections to new build - solution: buy the houses
2. Bramley Docks: commercial and residential would have been aware of empty space with potential for development. Game over as far as that angle is concerned. That's what your solicitor does when you buy a home. If you don't like the possibility of a Costco (or whatever) from your window you don't buy.
The new stadium would have been on Stanley Park and my understanding was it was stadium build cost rather buying properties that made up FSG's mind. I do think you will get the site but was just pointing out that Peel and the developers may have reservations. My blue cousins say they will miss Goodison but realise the club need to move.