New Everton Stadium Discussion

That all goes back to the announcement of Liverpool waters and LCC have picked regeneration over a status; it'll go

If it is Bramley-Moore dock then it is just outside the WHS.

'Liverpool's world heritage site officially stretches from Albert Dock, which has the largest collection of Grade I listed buildings in the UK, along the Pier Head and up to Stanley Dock. It takes in the elegant Edwardian "three graces": the Royal Liver, Cunard and Port of Liverpool buildings, which have defined the view from the Mersey for almost a century'.

So there shouldn't be any objections on WHS grounds.

'Liverpool's world heritage site officially stretches from Albert Dock, which has the largest collection of Grade I listed buildings in the UK, along the Pier Head and up to Stanley Dock. It takes in the elegant Edwardian "three graces": the Royal Liver, Cunard and Port of Liverpool buildings, which have defined the view from the Mersey for almost a century'.

The objection was against Liverpool. Waters in general, which encompasses the WHS site

From what I can see Bramley Moore Dock is not a dry dock? Does it encompass the water part and the two strips either side? Seems quite narrow.

Joe Anderson drops further hints at stadium progress and location. Sorry if already posted.

"The mayor was exchanging tweets with supporters over the social network and expressed his belief that a resolution of the club's long-standing stadium issue is "closer now than it was last month and closer now than it's ever been. All working hard to make it happen."
It was his "the Moore the merrier for me" quip that caught the eye as it was a nod to recent speculation that Everton are close to securing land at the north docklands area around the Clarence, Trafalgar and Bramley-Moore

From what I can see Bramley Moore Dock is not a dry dock? Does it encompass the water part and the two strips either side? Seems quite narrow.

Laterally, the footprint could be increased by landfilling the existing water parts. Whether that is part of the plans, time will tell but it has to be considered likely?

just hoping this isnt another rumour we're gonna have the mickey taken out of us with ! please let it be true !

No need to worry about mickey taking.

rHbmf8833lD4YFMep7YSVQGJM1ABA2CSG3-cYorHtOp2znHCEbeixN9Qasgmnf2vyoB8qw=s138

BjZNB3dawUpDyFwSfIsktxL4LRwBSlaqJuAJNbhGp3VjGdyFPJjJZCrFhRyUlx35B2GiO4Q=s138

Bramley Moore Docks are the northern most part of the UNESCO WH site. The Boundary of that dock is the boundary of the site.

Posting as a red. (Be gentle!). When FSG decided to redevelop the main stand rather than build a new stadium in Stanley Park, they used the cost of a new build which would only add the same now of seats as redeveloping but at a cost of about £500 million pound as the reason to redevelop. The infrastructure of the area and transport links were major factors. I think when you get permission for the docks site this will be a major issue for planners due to the next to the river and the plans to reduce The Strand by 4 lanes in total. I also think Peel will gauge how investors building residential properties will feel about having a fifty thousand seat stadium and the logistics that go with it will affect the residents. Think anything that can bring investment into the city as it continues to thrive is to be welcomed.