New Everton Stadium Discussion

People citing the Lucas oil as being one of a kind, unique and iconic should be do similar are missing a very obvious point, it's been done already so none of that would apply it'd just be a copy and utterly not unique.

People citing the Lucas oil as being one of a kind, unique and iconic should be do similar are missing a very obvious point, it's been done already so none of that would apply it'd just be a copy and utterly not unique.
So perhaps the idea is 'make it iconic and unique, the way the Lucas Oil is currently iconic and unique'. Clearly they're not just going to build a scaled replica of Lucas Oil, but use it as a guide for inspiration. Just imagine the day the architect for that one laid his plans out, there would've been utter bedlam. There'll be architects out there with ideas you and I would never even come close to thinking of. That's what we need!

Also the cost of Lucas Oil Field...$730 million, about £550 million. The majority was paid for by the city, the team stumped up $100 million

Following on taking inspiration from American stadiums, a version of this without a closed roof would look sensational on the waterfront
tempaerials-060216-2-006--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg
PI-NFL-USBank-Stadium-Vikings-060216.vresize.1200.675.high.74.jpg

Following on taking inspiration from American stadiums, a version of this without a closed roof would look sensational on the waterfrontView attachment 27389 View attachment 27391
I dig it, but too similar to the Echo Arena and that museum on the docks.

I reckon, as with the Lucas Oil, one of the key design aspects is to reflect the history of the docks in the design.

Would prefer something a lot less Brunel and a lot more Gehry.

Would like us to be the first to hire one of the best and come up with something that makes people want to visit just to see the Stadium. Something that shows up that ridiculous excuse for a national stadium would be good.

I dig it, but too similar to the Echo Arena and that museum on the docks.

I reckon, as with the Lucas Oil, one of the key design aspects is to reflect the history of the docks in the design.

I agree somewhat, couldn't help but think that the Lucas Oil stadium is almost a pastiche effort and would look a poor imitation of the Stanley Dock buildings it would neighbour.

Modern and unique are throw away terms but recruit the best to design it with these in mind and it could be great.

I think if we can stay away from the generic bowl and the cheap lacklustre Kirkby effort most will be happy!!

What do you prefer it to look like mate?