New Everton Stadium Discussion

The fact that it's likely to be a 24/ operation if not already doesn't really help matters. It just surprises me that they're stacking up in that direction. You clearly know more than me on all that though.

It's all down to the autogate system. Previously drivers would go to the port, log their details in the logistics building then go through the border control and park up in the port and wait.

The autogate system knows when the container is arriving and when it's off the vessel and what truck is picking it up. When the drivers arrive now they go to an automated gate, they are only allowed to arrive 20 mins prior to their estimated collection time, otherwise they are turned away to keep their KPI''s down as they use this info to drive trade.

The drivers have to turn round and stack along the back of the maritime building to the strand road entrance (about a mile) once that hits the limit they're straight on to regent road.

The week the new autogate was implemented it went down, totally failed. It was absolute chaos, never seen anything like it. Artic's where driving up and down derby road until the police arrived to take control of traffic management.

This is on the concerns on the table, operation stack on match day would cause havoc and be quite dangerous

Just watching the Bilboa V Barca game. The San Memes looks like a decent stadium to me and about the size we should be looking for. Stands close to the pitch with pretty steep banks. It also looks quite spectacular from the outside. Perhaps a little generic with the 2 tier set-up all the way around.