New Everton Stadium Discussion

But it is an odd article. No more than that but it is strange it doesn't even have an author.

Sorry mate I was talking about the little white text the doctor sneaked in at the bottom.
In relation to the article, I think its just a column filler, although its nice to read that we still have fans from all over the world.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2016/08/25/an-open-letter-to-evertonians
If this is followed by we're staying... :rant:, I will dirty protest outside the parkend
#bedwetters

"Extraordinary!"

tumblr_oa8dlmJYYo1u1ljrzo3_500.gif

Spurs fan here in peace. Been following this thread just because I have a general interest in stadium design and am looking forward to seeing what Everton comes up with when the club finally announces their plans.

The image quoted above is from the old plans for our stadium which received planning permission all the way back in 2008. The single tier stand in the old plans had a capacity of around 9k. The single tier stand in the new plan - revealed in 2015 - has a capacity of 17k (and this may go up should the law on safe standing change). Full details of our plans here - http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/new-scheme/

As far as corporates go, they will be restricted to the East and West stands with the South stand single tier and the North stand all GA.

So the picture you actually wanted was this one:

2A55B38200000578-3153401-image-a-61_1436357791118.jpg

The three sides shown do look very impressive, they should replicate that singe tier on the other side. Stick Leitch criss crosses on the side tier and I'll happily take those plans for Everton.

I do have a theory though that a large single tier can be too large. 17000 must be about 100-120 rows of seats? If you get your atmosphere generated at the back then it's a long way to travel to the front of the stand on your average match when you get less fans up for it. The songs will be over before they reach there, apart from your When Spurs chant that lasts a good few mins.

Various animals have been suggested but a cruise liner is definitely a new one.

I think the big difference between what we're doing and what Everton could be doing is that our stadium will never really been seen in its entirety (with the possible exception of from the Sky Sports helicopter). It is still part of the High Road with buildings enclosing it from most sides. In terms of exterior materials, the speculation is that it could end up looking like the First Direct Arena in Leeds which does look stunning, especially at night. And the main wow factor externally will come from the huge glass fronted south stand which should look amazing and going by the renders should allow people to glimpse inside the stadium as they're approaching.

So yeah, different philosophies at play here. Yours will (hopefully) be a stadium seen from a distance across the water, ours will emerge like a huge UFO from the surroundings only when you're quite near it.

Out of interest what will the pricing be like? Asenal rip off, West Ham cheap and cheerful to make up for being a mile from the pitch or a sensible varied pricing medium?

Out of interest what will the pricing be like? Asenal rip off, West Ham cheap and cheerful to make up for being a mile from the pitch or a sensible varied pricing medium?

Not sure on your definition of 'cheap', but fans can be expect to pay £80 if they want to see their team in elite games for West Ham.

Category 'C' only counts for Cup games, I believe.

Spurs fan here in peace. Been following this thread just because I have a general interest in stadium design and am looking forward to seeing what Everton comes up with when the club finally announces their plans.

The image quoted above is from the old plans for our stadium which received planning permission all the way back in 2008. The single tier stand in the old plans had a capacity of around 9k. The single tier stand in the new plan - revealed in 2015 - has a capacity of 17k (and this may go up should the law on safe standing change). Full details of our plans here - http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/new-scheme/

As far as corporates go, they will be restricted to the East and West stands with the South stand single tier and the North stand all GA.

So the picture you actually wanted was this one:

2A55B38200000578-3153401-image-a-61_1436357791118.jpg
Welcome to the forum mate, your stadium looks very well designed and fan friendly.

Hope you stick around as great to have fans from other clubs posting and cross fingers there are exciting times ahead for both clubs. Perhaps even pop into the match thread on the inevitable 1-1 draw when we play you in March ;)