New Everton Stadium Discussion

Was hoping to take my dad to see it, as he’s only seen pictures, but he died last night. He told how he lost his shoe in the old main stand and had to walk home with only one shoe. I’m sorry I won’t be able to take him now. UTFT
Sorry for your loss mate. Your dad will be there in spirit on the opening day. UTFT

It really annoys me that Peel Holdings haven’t don’t anything about the dockers clock despite stating 14 years ago that they’d renovate it.

Next year when we open, and in 2028 for the Euros there will be drone footage beamed around the world that will include this decrepit tower.

Anywhere else in Europe this would be a source of pride, working and fully restored. It’s an embarrassment.

It really annoys me that Peel Holdings haven’t don’t anything about the dockers clock despite stating 14 years ago that they’d renovate it.

Next year when we open, and in 2028 for the Euros there will be drone footage beamed around the world that will include this decrepit tower.

Anywhere else in Europe this would be a source of pride, working and fully restored. It’s an embarrassment.
Just shows the UNESCO badge meant absolutely nothing.

Was hoping to take my dad to see it, as he’s only seen pictures, but he died last night. He told how he lost his shoe in the old main stand and had to walk home with only one shoe. I’m sorry I won’t be able to take him now. UTFT

Sorry to hear of your loss, condolences to you and the family……..

That's actually not bad at all if you're a drinker. Certain pints will be about £6-7 at the ground, you've got three hours open bar 19 times a season plus 19 street foods that probably cost a tenner each.

Let's say you sink a cool five pints to get you lubed up pre-game, another at half time, about £50 of food and drink each fixture, just under a grand over the season.

One of those seats would probably cost £100 a game I reckon if sold individually, so £1900 over the season.

So the price stacks up. Obviously only for the wealthier fan, but the price seems about right.
What is the source of your suggestion that a pint will be £6/£7? If they pitch the prices at that level, they ain't getting any of my money.

What is the source of your suggestion that a pint will be £6/£7? If they pitch the prices at that level, they ain't getting any of my money.
A lot of fans wont be paying £800 for a Season Ticket and especially if they drop the concessions for seniors and younger adults like more Prem clubs are starting to do now, never mind £7 for a pint.

Last edited:
A lot of fans wont be paying £800 for a Season Ticket and especially if they drop the concessions for seniors and younger adults like more Prem clubs are starting to do now, never mind £7 for a pint.
There may be what is known as churn, whereby some fans won't stomach the price hike but I think there will be enough people on the waiting list who will be more than happy to take their places. I don't know where this £7 a pint thing is coming from? I suspect we'll pay a premium, but I think it would be foolish of the club to set the price so high. Lots of people wouldn't pay it and I am one of them.