New Everton Stadium Discussion

what would people prefer for a new stadium an arena like the emeirates/wembly or 4 stands like goodison atm

Just build an exact replica of this, 90m quid 50k+ capacity

porto_dragao4.jpg

A 52,000 seater stadium would be a waste of money for a club in our position. We need a 40,000~ seater with plenty of good hospitality options. We wouldn't sell out 50,000 seats or even get close most games.

correct me if i am wrong, the last few games have been sold out including a mid week night game, throughout the season our corporate seats have been 90% sold and the boxes are all sold out.

500000 is the perfect amount, we will drive attendances with many initiatives and if the team are doing well it will be excellent forward planning.... anything less than 50k would be madness

and just how will they accomplish that expansion and over what time period?

Goodison can be expanded to 55,000 easily enough without impact to current matchgoers.

A lot of the work is gonna be done day and night, majority of it on the night shift to get it done and avoid work on match days

Anyone actually believe that this "debate" will materialize into actual design plans and the eventual building of the new stadium?

I wouldn't rule out Tesco too quickly; Terry Leahy stil has serious influence within Tesco and if you look at the North End of the city whats one thing thats missing?? A Tesco superstore; Sainsburys and 2 Asda's are within the radius, Tesco have metros and express stores.

My opinion, its still a possibility.

I was just thinking about him, he's involved with the club now isn't he so if we have to go in venture with a supermarket chain then don't rule out old Terry possibly pulling some strings?!

I was just thinking about him, he's involved with the club now isn't he so if we have to go in venture with a supermarket chain then don't rule out old Terry possibly pulling some strings?!

His involvement with the club will be limited, I think he was an advisor to the club and still will be in some capacity, he's chairman of B&M stores

Just build an exact replica of this, 90m quid 50k+ capacity

porto_dragao4.jpg

This please. One of my favourite stadiums out there. I would have concerns about the atmosphere because of the one tier stands behind the goals, but having been there I can say there is no reason to worry. Just ask Porto for a copy of the blueprint, and use the architect money we'll save to get Mangala while we're there.

Developing anfield isn't it?

I would say so after all they have been buying up the houses around the ground and it was previously stated Stanley Park would not be developed. Guess it will be just a matter of planning consent. Watch the close season.

As for us can we wait until we find out what the land proposals are before committing to a stadium design Have to say though that Anfield projection looks smart.

Redoing Gp is I think out of the question, never be able to move the church, houses to close at Gs and GR then the scholl and houses at Bullens. No, cannot see redoing GP will be possible.

Last edited:
A lot of the work is gonna be done day and night, majority of it on the night shift to get it done and avoid work on match days
It will have to be phased and done over the closed season, as City's probavly will.

Night shift would be difficult to get approved because of the proximity to local residents

I would say so after all they have been buying up the houses around the ground and it was previously stated Stanley Park would not be developed. Guess it will be just a matter of planning consent. Watch the close season.

As for us can we wait until we find out what the land proposals are before committing to a stadium design Have to say though that Anfield projection looks smart.

Redoing Gp is I think out of the question, never be able to move the church, houses to close at Gs and GR then the scholl and houses at Bullens. No, cannot see redoing GP will be possible.

Exoansiin within the existing foitprint is possuble, no nedd to expand outwards