New Everton Stadium Discussion

http://evertonviral.com/everton-stadium-debate-ever-happens/
Good little read on the stadium issue, and what type we need.

Basically we need something like juventus satdium just another 10000 more seats, would hate to end up in a lifeless place like the emirates

Good read, but shallow stands are better because you have to generate that atmosphere in the first place.

eg, the Top Balcony is steep and if everyone made a noise it very well may produce a louder noise than a shallower stand, but with it being steep fans are not as packed in as in the Lower Gwladys St and are less likely to stand so you don't get that initial atmosphere started.

Good read, but shallow stands are better because you have to generate that atmosphere in the first place.

eg, the Top Balcony is steep and if everyone made a noise it very well may produce a louder noise than a shallower stand, but with it being steep fans are not as packed in as in the Lower Gwladys St and are less likely to stand so you don't get that initial atmosphere started.

The beauty of a new build/redevelopment is the opportunity to introduce different variants of seating. That said I think we'd be foolish not to include a German style seat/standing-rail section in any design.

The beauty of a new build/redevelopment is the opportunity to introduce different variants of seating. That said I think we'd be foolish not to include a German style seat/standing-rail section in any design.
Would love to see safe standing sections in one or two parts of a new stadium, think kenwright is really opposed to the idea though

Yes, something that can be converted very quickly from seats to the expected specifications for safe standing.

I'd hate to think that if approved in the future we couldn't have because the stand was too steep to incorporate it, or we couldn't have it because there's corporate boxes behind the stand that would be obstructed.

How many years is the near future, I believe in Father Christmas but I don't believe Kenwright!

When do people find out the results of the next TV deal tendering process? I believe it is quite soon, and as it is expected to increase further, I imagine the club would like to be armed with those future revenue projections before they try and gain finance for the new stadium.

I'm always suspicious about our new stadium plans as we have had 2 failed, but something about big Joe Andersons tweet when we signed Rom that "something tells me this won't be the only good news for Everton fans" then when someone said a new stadium? He replied "sshhh" weeks before the whole stadium thing came out in the news. I feel we are further ahead than what we are told imo

Think you will find in most grounds the Main stand is not the one that generates the best atmosphere, it is usually the lower priced massed together seats in stadium ends
that you will find the best and most boisterous atmosphere.
Occasionally the whole stadium is "Bouncing" but the majority of the time its the Gwladys st & Park end making the most noise.
Elstone knows this full well when refering to a "Home end as good as any in football" in his new stadium quotes.

Think you will find in most grounds the Main stand is not the one that generates the best atmosphere, it is usually the lower priced massed together seats in stadium ends
that you will find the best and most boisterous atmosphere.
Occasionally the whole stadium is "Bouncing" but the majority of the time its the Gwladys st & Park end making the most noise.
Elstone knows this full well when refering to a "Home end as good as any in football" in his new stadium quotes.

I know. I meant it more as a common but extreme example as towards standing in steep stands. The thought of standing in the Top Balc with it's steepness is quite scary!

A better example would have been the Lower Gwladys Street v Park End. The Gwladys Street naturally stands far far more than the Park End because it's shallower, so the atmosphere within the Gwladys Street gets going far more often. However acoustically the Park End is a lot louder.