New Everton Stadium Discussion

Always happens this, no one is arsed about the park until someone wants to build something on it. Plus its no more than 100 people there, chuck them a tenner and tell them to [Poor language removed] off.

Here is the thing, why wouldn't you want everton on your doorstep?

I used to live off county road by the tesco and i wasnt arsed that fans went past my house. in fact was made up i lived next to the ground, was gutted when we had to move. So if Everton decided to build a ground right by me here i'd be made up.

Further to the point youths in the park. Im sure that is a much more serious issue

As you probably know, there was opposition to the RS' plans to build on Stanley Park. Planning permission was granted with no call in.

Stanley Park is 1) smaller than WHP, 2) was protected by a covenent protecting it from being built upon and 3) also it is an English Heritage protected listed park but they managed to somehow get permission despite thousands protesting and petitioning.

WHP is bigger, has no covenents and is not listed - if the club can fund the move (yeah right...) it should be a doddle considering Liverpool Council is 100% on board too.

Stanley Park is 1) smaller than WHP, 2) was protected by a covenent protecting it from being built upon and 3) also it is an English Heritage protected listed park but they managed to somehow get permission despite thousands protesting and petitioning.

WHP is bigger, has no covenents and is not listed - if the club can fund the move (yeah right...) it should be a doddle considering Liverpool Council is 100% on board too.

It will be interesting to see how much the new loan is for, and how much money we have borrowed? We really have no reason to be borrowing more cash at the moment, so I think it is reasonable to suggest that the new loan will be used to fund a new stadium.

I used to visit WHP in my teens to down a few cans of stella artoris to avoid the authorities, i also used to walk my dog there, i also go on occasional runs and knocking a ball about. Some good times in that park.

BUT

If it helps Everton get a new stadium there i will happily be drunk & disorderly to scare people away, wear a hannibal style muzzle to attack other dogs, play football in stanley park instead, chase any joggers around the park naked, and proceed to dig up the bloody turf myself just to see us beat a world class team in the champions league, in our new home, infront of 50,000 chang beer tanked up Evertonians.

When shall i begin people ?

WHP was my local park growing up. My overriding memory of it was getting jumped for my brand new Nokia 3210 I'd got for Christmas when I was 14. Had a boss Everton cover on it and everything.

As far as I'm concerned, they can't tear the place apart quick enough. But hey, that's just me.