New Everton Stadium Discussion

The architect works off an outline given by the client. In Roma's case they wanted something to resemble the Colosseum. None of us know what the club has told meis or what heritage/planning legislation will or.will not allow.

@DavyboyBlue has said Dan has had dialogue with fans over the design though?? Do you think he has made this up?? I think he has as well.

I've not had a go at Dan Meis? You seem to have me confused with someone else.

What other disasters do you speak of which have been built? Plus, I don't think any dialogue with our fans has had any effect on Dan's design. I'm going to go out on a limb and say fans have not been in consultation with Dan over the design.

Think you are talking gibberish.
I'm talking about the disaster that is the so called national stadium, turning the Olympic Park into...well the Olympic Park without the running track. The giant hole punch the RS have parked next to the division 2 Annie Rd end and think it looks great but it's the most one sided ugly ground in the country apart from St James's park.
I would agree, maybe not direct dialogue but he has tweeted along the lines of liking steep four sided grounds with intimate seating next to the pitch that's all. Come on Moomin, you must admit there is some right horrors of so called modern grounds. Dortmund and Shalke's fans expressed the wish for four sided grounds and got them, they look like proper footy stadiums. I'm just saying he is aware of what the majority of us would prefer and if he ignores us after tweeting stuff to us it's not going to do his reputation any good.

You would have thought the fan base (season ticket holders) would have been consulted about their wishes towards the design. If they are consulted for something as trivial as next years kit, it begs the question why weren't they consulted over something as important as a new stadium.

Probably because for the kit we can generally agree amongst us all that the shirt is blue and the shorts white - with a hole for your head and arms to stick out.

You only have to read through this thread to see that we need a square but round dome with no dome, with a running track and no running track, built of brick but covered in space age cladding, sympathetic to the industrial past of the docks but shaped like a space ship, with crosses and clocks from Goodison, Ruperts towers, Liver birds, seats, no seats, corporate boxes but no corporate boxes, space for tourists and no tourists, lasers, monorails, ferrys, luxury yacht docks, museum, bars, pubs, restaurants etc etc etc............................

The poor architect that gets that brief would not be long for this world!

From last summer we have had the dock has been purchased.

It will be announced end of October ( stadium conference at Manchester )

AGM in November, AGM never took place in November that scoop was wrong.

AGM in January.

Random date in February.

Real estate conference in Cannes on March 15th because it coincided with us leaving Anfield 125 years ago.

This Thursday Because Joe has cancelled his hairdressers appointment.

What's the next date.

You lot are like them people predicting the end of the world.

...but it's something to chat about, Matey. If it doesn't happen on Thursday, it doesn't happen. It's probably another false dawn but hey ho until the next one. I'm sure it'll happen it's just a matter of when.

From last summer we have had the dock has been purchased.

It will be announced end of October ( stadium conference at Manchester )

AGM in November, AGM never took place in November that scoop was wrong.

AGM in January.

Random date in February.

Real estate conference in Cannes on March 15th because it coincided with us leaving Anfield 125 years ago.

This Thursday Because Joe has cancelled his hairdressers appointment.

What's the next date.

You lot are like them people predicting the end of the world.
If it does get announced on Thursday you need to go and boil your head.

The architect works off an outline given by the client. In Roma's case they wanted something to resemble the Colosseum. None of us know what the club has told meis or what heritage/planning legislation will or.will not allow.
If he's worked on north American domed or horseshoe or eliptical shaped stadia then his input will be along those lines. He's the expert and he'll be guiding the client I would imagine.

We just need something like this (the renderings are for the new Beckham backed Miami footy club stadium)

Overtown%20soccer%20stadium%20rendering_1458855623479_2443911_ver1.0_1280_720.jpg

...and the river front location takes care of the rest.

How difficult is it to just do that in order to avoid things going disastrously wrong?

I'm talking about the disaster that is the so called national stadium, turning the Olympic Park into...well the Olympic Park without the running track. The giant hole punch the RS have parked next to the division 2 Annie Rd end and think it looks great but it's the most one sided ugly ground in the country apart from St James's park.
I would agree, maybe not direct dialogue but he has tweeted along the lines of liking steep four sided grounds with intimate seating next to the pitch that's all. Come on Moomin, you must admit there is some right horrors of so called modern grounds. Dortmund and Shalke's fans expressed the wish for four sided grounds and got them, they look like proper footy stadiums. I'm just saying he is aware of what the majority of us would prefer and if he ignores us after tweeting stuff to us it's not going to do his reputation any good.

I can imagine him saying to Farhad and Bill " That design brief you gave me, I've changed because @efc kid 2002 on twitter wants a really steep design with homage to the mighty morphin power rangers "

Olympic stadium was designed for the 2012 Olympic's, West Ham was an after thought.

Anfield Road will be getting demolished and a new stand replacing it very soon to go with the new stand.

If he's worked on north American domed or horseshoe or eliptical shaped stadia then his input will be along those lines. He's the expert and he'll be guiding the client I would imagine.

We just need something like this (the renderings are for the new Beckham backed Miami footy club stadium)

Overtown%20soccer%20stadium%20rendering_1458855623479_2443911_ver1.0_1280_720.jpg

...and the river front location takes care of the rest.

How difficult is it to just do that in order to avoid things going disastrously wrong?

That's a horrible looking stadium

If it does get announced on Thursday you need to go and boil your head.

I've called all the others as wrong, this Thursday will more than likely be wrong. At best we have agreed terms with Peel for the land, but a few people have been claiming this since August, haven't you @KUEFC09U2 and saying the announcement is weeks away since then.

False prophets getting the hopes of fellow blues up by pretending to have inside information.

Not strictly true Dave! I have absolute no idea what shape it will be - could be shaped like an old monkey's minge for all I know!

If the athletics events at the commonwealth games can take place in a building the shape of an old monkey's minge you may be right.

I'm guessing only a dome will take it though.

lollollollol

hahahahahahha lol lol

@nsno-chris and @orly giving credit for my flash of literary genius, my moment of perfect prose, my stake a claim to be the next poet laureate to Happy Harry himself (@davek) - gutted fellas- gutted !

I can imagine him saying to Farhad and Bill " That design brief you gave me, I've changed because @efc kid 2002 on twitter wants a really steep design with homage to the mighty morphin power rangers "

Olympic stadium was designed for the 2012 Olympic's, West Ham was an after thought.

Anfield Road will be getting demolished and a new stand replacing it very soon to go with the new stand.
Your right agin of course. West Ham fans were consulted and they begged for the gap from the running track to be left where it was.
Dan Meiss tweeted about the steep 4 sided seating when asked about a potential bowl shape not Kid2002 and you've got me again, I haven't got a clue about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, but you seem to know a lot about them and the Sims oh and FIFA Achitect 2017 whatever that is, so I better bow to your judgement.
Bit suspicious of you sticking up for our loveable friends across the park though Agent Moomin.