New Everton Stadium Discussion

Is the City of Liverpool going to put up a bond to build one club a stadium and not the other? If so, will both clubs get equal value on the bonds? It's not really a good idea for US localities and not optimistic it would work in Liverpool.
They could give the land at a peppercorn rent for a set number of years therefore reducing building and running costs?

I think a lot of football stadia in USA is owned by the city and leased to clubs, maybe this is an option. And City don't own the Ethiad.
This is true. It's common in America, and the stadiums are huge expenses, too. Many teams threaten to leave without new stadiums.

They could give the land at a peppercorn rent for a set number of years therefore reducing building and running costs?

Dunno how it would work, but someone has to finance it. If the City puts up the money (through a bond) it might be secured on the back end by rent payments or loans to the clubs, but it's a lot of money to put up either way. Is there a precedent for public financing of stadiums in the UK?

14 and a half years in charge. Not a sod turned; not a solitary brick laid.

The idea these people can change matters is fanciful.

People are being played: Everton need a story that will reflect we're not being left behind if/when the belters over the park win the league and we fail to get a CL spot.

I remember seeing the proposal for Walton Hall Park on the KEIOC website years ago, it made sense to me to put it there, on the understanding that the current Goodison Park site was turned into a park, so the city didn't just lose a park.

On that proposal there was a Supermarket as the enabling partner ( sainsburys I think).

In general I would be interested in reading the proposal, just to see what it is.

However I am one of those who was in favour of The Kings Dock and Destination Kirkby. :)

Likewise. It's best to be in possession of the full facts before passing judgement.

I was in favour of Kings Dock, but alway felt there was something dicey about the Kirkby proposal (nothing to do with boundaries, btw - you try to tell a Kirkby resident they're not a scouser and see what happens, go on).

I'm pretty sure we can afford to buy a million lottery tickets, just wait until the jackpot goes to £100m+

Quids in.

I'm a massive fan of the Dortmund stadium, the atmosphere there is incredible (smaller obviously).

Would love to see us be the first premiership team to bring in those standing seats as well (like Dortmund). Just copy Dortmunds ffs.

Signal-Iduna-Park_bvbinfobild_regular.jpg

Safe_standing_area_fitted_with_rail_seats.jpg

Likewise. It's best to be in possession of the full facts before passing judgement.

I was in favour of Kings Dock, but alway felt there was something dicey about the Kirkby proposal (nothing to do with boundaries, btw - you try to tell a Kirkby resident they're not a scouser and see what happens, go on).

Yeah, I was never "in love" with the Kirkby option, I just recognised that we need to improve our situation regarding the stadium and the club were not prepared to look at redevelopment .

I was in love with the Kings Dock option though, that was pure class.