Negative Moyes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really not too concerned with our manager at this point. I'm a bit more concerned about our current financial situation and lack of squad depth.

Hopefully Moyes will stick around awhile.

I couldn't agree more TX. We need big investment, that has to be number one priority, why protest or even worry about Europe when any qualification could not be sustained without a big influx of players. Some tossers have organised a protest about lack of investment in the club, they'll be the same ones protesting about increase in season ticket costs. We need appro £25 million for new players, and £200million at least for a new ground, I'm convinced that some believe there is a money tree growing in Spellow Lane. Before anyone asks yes I know Bill can sell up, first we need a buyer and I wouldn't buy a club who's fans were as bolshi as some of ours.:dodgy: :shock: :angry:

In reality terms or where i like to focus on the pitch we have only lost two of our last nine games, its hardley the form for mass demonstrations or sacking the manager i think we all need a little perspective!

Thats a very good point Monty about our need for extra players if we qualify for Europe, I often think that screaming for money money money is an easy solution that presents complex problems.

i beleive Money itself can be bad for a club unless it is spent in the right by wise people. For example if we were taken over and abandoned our policyof signing a quality young player or two a season and started to sign the ballacks and shevenkos and other ready made superstars in return for instant success for a couple of seasons i dont think this would be in the benifit of the club in the long term.

I think we are going to see a point in the near future were money is going to be obsealete with most clubs having a fair bit to spend with takeovers and tv money. i think we are approaching a point with so much money splashing around that players will choose clubs again rather than were they will get the biggest contract. For example say in the summer we go for a player, with pompey and west ham, bolton, wigan and us all interested i can see any player picking us over any of these based on our stature and traditition realisliticly they can earn a decent wages with us! I think what also helps is that at present ee have two first team members in the England Squad addititionly AJ got a better look in after he moved to us. What does this tell perspective signings that Everton is a good club to develop and progress your international ambitions and one of the few clubs that if you make the grade you will be considered internatuional quality.

Maybe i am being naive in how the money thing will pan out but to be honest if the tradition the size of the club and the prospect of international recognition are not part of a players integraty and expectations and overall decision making process in terms of their career i framkly dont want them at the club.

come on mick, ban him as you did me when I called Garry a bellend. [Poor language removed], wait, this is teppic. that's alright then.

OH MY GOD! Please someone help me!

I didnt ban you and I had nothing to do with your banning. I am also nothing on this forum and have nothing to do with anyone being banned/moderated or otherwise.

You really are trying my patience

I just wish he would engage his brain first before opening his gob. For me far better to keep stumm and keep your feet on the ground and not in your mouth.

"better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt"

somehow very apt.

Status
Not open for further replies.