2022/23 Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did we get any better when Gray come on?

Will we be any better with Simms?

I think not.

All hope is, as it has always been on Calvert-Lewin.

1677749994881.png

I do feel a tad sorry for him because he's not as bad as his performances have suggested. Confidence completely shot, isolated and feeding off scraps for the majority of the game and is carrying the goal-scoring burden of the entire team.

He's been terrible but that doesn't happen overnight, he was a more than competent PL player for Brighton when playing a more progressive style of football.

For that reason, a really strange signing. Brining a player in who clearly didn't and doesn't suit the previous and current regime.

I do feel a tad sorry for him because he's not as bad as his performances have suggested. Confidence completely shot, isolated and feeding off scraps for the majority of the game and is carrying the goal-scoring burden of the entire team.

He's been terrible but that doesn't happen overnight, he was a more than competent PL player for Brighton when playing a more progressive style of football.

For that reason, a really strange signing. Brining a player in who clearly didn't and doesn't suit the previous and current regime.
He probably suited the way Lampard planned to play (in his head), but none of the other players suit anything other than absolute basic football. I also don’t think lampard knew how to get his ideas across or implement any kind of structure in the team.

Defo not suited to playing the lone striker in a Sean Dyche system though. Maybe against some of the lesser teams, but when we’re using him as a focal point to try and get out of our half, we might as well be playing with 10 men.

And yet Brighton were actively looking to move him on, hence us signing a proven prem striker for 15mil. Brighton don't seem to make many mistakes and I feel they knew they had got all they could out of him, and we were more than happy to take thier cast off.

Did we get any better when Gray come on?

Will we be any better with Simms?

I think not.

All hope is, as it has always been on Calvert-Lewin.

View attachment 205698

The surprising thing about last night was the way we set up for the first 40 minutes was probably most suited to Gray from all of our players. Hitting them on the break at pace would have been right up Gray's street.

This game on Sunday is so huge again. Just COYB FFS

The surprising thing about last night was the way we set up for the first 40 minutes was probably most suited to Gray from all of our players. Hitting them on the break at pace would have been right up Gray's street.

This game on Sunday is so huge again. Just COYB FFS
Agree here and was actually thinking it at the time. Maupay wasn't doing anything to help engineer those breaks that Gray couldn't have done.

Neither of them are very good but one is less poor than the other.

And yet Brighton were actively looking to move him on, hence us signing a proven prem striker for 15mil. Brighton don't seem to make many mistakes and I feel they knew they had got all they could out of him, and we were more than happy to take thier cast off.

Brighton don't really stand in players way if they want to go and they get the money they want.

Personally think, they way things have gone...if we park the bus for away games and grab some draws...we could play a traffic cone up top.

Just play Dom for home games

Status
Not open for further replies.