2022/23 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lampard is putting together a group of young players supported by experience.

Next summer we have funds coming in from sales and out of contract players to free up wages.

Thats when we improve the forward line and make our push for Europe.

If you were finishing in the European slots then the likes of patterson won't be in such a hurry to move in a few years if he continues to progress like I think he will. Always kind of think everton under achieve a bit though. I'd class yourselfs as one of the bigger clubs in the epl. It's mental that the last time you won a domestic cup was in 95. More effort should be put into the domestic cups from yourselfs to win some things .

He was Gordon's man and Gordon had to put the sprint on because he was walking back and let him go in the first place

Yeah he was Gordons man all day long but Gordon had just gone too narrow as Rice advanced with the ball. As soon as Rice played it out to Cresswell the winger goes out there to close him down, way too far for the right back to go out. If he did that would have forced one of the 2 centre backs out leaving one of the 2 WHU attackers unmarked. Patterson did the right thing by dropping to cover the near post cross, or being the first defender if Cresswell got past Gordon rather than 1 of the centre backs leaving their position to do so.
Screenshot 2022-09-18 212052.jpg

Screenshot 2022-09-18 210948.jpg

Think one of the centre halves had a go at him in a game about being out of position earlier on in the season

Good to see him responding, he nearly reminded me of 2013/14 Coleman at times today

He's got a ceiling far, far, higher than Coleman ever had. We've not seen remotely the best of him yet, he's very cautiously feeling his way into the league. He's either going to be a club legend or earn us far, far more than the 11m we paid for him. And it was 11m.

Yeah he was Gordons man all day long but Gordon had just gone too narrow as Rice advanced with the ball. As soon as Rice played it out to Cresswell the winger goes out there to close him down, way too far for the right back to go out. If he did that would have forced one of the 2 centre backs out leaving one of the 2 WHU attackers unmarked. Patterson did the right thing by dropping to cover the near post cross, or being the first defender if Cresswell got past Gordon rather than 1 of the centre backs leaving their position to do so.View attachment 184440
View attachment 184439
Exactly. Thank you for showing it so clearly. Anyone who watches football regularly and understands the game would tell you that it was Gordon's man and Patterson was in the right position. (Patterson was actually explaining that to Gordon once the ball was safe as you could see him pointing).

In the pic above (56:48) if Patterson goes out, rice plays it between the lines to the attacker who then run the outside line past the CB. Onana should have been telling Gordon to get out wide, and looking at iwobis arms in the air, it looks like Iwobi was shouting to get across.

He's got a ceiling far, far, higher than Coleman ever had. We've not seen remotely the best of him yet, he's very cautiously feeling his way into the league. He's either going to be a club legend or earn us far, far more than the 11m we paid for him. And it was 11m.
I think Patterson has all the tools, agree insofar he has more technique and "natural ability" than Coleman did, but Coleman mentally was superb. He won a lot of duels with exceptional players just with pure determination. Patterson looks to be on a par thus far and let's hope what you predict comes true.

Yeah he was Gordons man all day long but Gordon had just gone too narrow as Rice advanced with the ball. As soon as Rice played it out to Cresswell the winger goes out there to close him down, way too far for the right back to go out. If he did that would have forced one of the 2 centre backs out leaving one of the 2 WHU attackers unmarked. Patterson did the right thing by dropping to cover the near post cross, or being the first defender if Cresswell got past Gordon rather than 1 of the centre backs leaving their position to do so.View attachment 184440
View attachment 184439
These things happen imo, no need to over analyse it, I'm just glad the players seem to care enough to call each other out properly. Shows they care about communication as a team

These things happen imo, no need to over analyse it, I'm just glad the players seem to care enough to call each other out properly. Shows they care about communication as a team
I think it's more that there's certain posters who find anything they can to criticise him about (even when it's not his fault like the above example which he was blamed for).

Exactly. Thank you for showing it so clearly. Anyone who watches football regularly and understands the game would tell you that it was Gordon's man and Patterson was in the right position. (Patterson was actually explaining that to Gordon once the ball was safe as you could see him pointing).

In the pic above (56:48) if Patterson goes out, rice plays it between the lines to the attacker who then run the outside line past the CB. Onana should have been telling Gordon to get out wide, and looking at iwobis arms in the air, it looks like Iwobi was shouting to get across.

I think Gordon thought that Patterson was gonna come out and they would then double up on Cresswell, but when he didn't to be fair to Gordon he wasn't being lazy, just a communication/position issue, once he realized what was happening he busted his to get back and block the cross.

Status
Not open for further replies.