Naismith? Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not being played in his proper position. He's not a right winger - never has been, never will be.

He should be off the forward instead of Fellaini, but unfortunately Fellaini has been so influential that he can't get a run in that role.

People seem to completely disregard the squad for some reason. He's a very able deputy who has had how many minutes on the pitch? He's scored in a derby. I dunno what people want from him...

He was free and he's a player who can play in a few positions, we know he's not going to tear this league apart but as a squad player he's okay. At the very worst we'll make a couple of million out of him, young, International etc....

RM isn't his position any way.

He looks like he's gonna be that 6/10 player who just does a decent job every time he plays. Nothing wrong with that, though. Every good team has a player or two like him in reserve to deputise in more than one position. We have a few too many for my liking, but still, he's one of the better ones.

Give him time to show what he can offer over a season at least, lads. We only picked him up on a free, so we're hardly risking a loss of money by letting him do his thing.

He was free and he's a player who can play in a few positions, we know he's not going to tear this league apart but as a squad player he's okay. At the very worst we'll make a couple of million out of him, young, International etc....
Well quite. I just think being on the fringes of our team when they are all playing quick passing would be a difficult thing to pick up
Straight off. He hasn't done what Mirrallas has done and is playing out of position in one he doesn't quite suit. A bit of leniency wouldn't go a miss, you ********.

He's not a right midfielder like but he's coming back from a bad injury. It will take time if he ever makes a dent on the first team like.

I'm more concerned that he seems to have the legs of an Oompaloompa. Look how he runs.

don't rate I have given him time but he just doesnt cut it for me.some of my Rangres mate said he was very good he probably was in the SPL but not in the prem

SPL, Celtic aside, must be on par with our third tier. Teams like Tranmere, Sheff Utd, Crewe, Doncaster, Colchester and the like would give most SPL teams a good game. So in that context, if we cherry-picked a player out of our third division, then we wouldn't expect too much from him.

I reckon Naismith is a decent squad player, but not first-team Prem material...not by a long shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.