Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not unfortunate though is it? That would suggest he was unlucky. He tried to play like Zidane in his own half, deliberately. I hope he gets a good dressing down for it.
Mistakes are unfortunate, unless you're suggesting he did it on purpose?

Of course he did! He didn't mean for it to go to a Chelsea player obviously.

If I walk out in front of an oncoming train it's not really unlucky is it?
Sure it is, it's unlucky if you didn't think the train was coming. It would be called an unfortunate incident/accident.

Sure it is, it's unlucky if you didn't think the train was coming. It would be called an unfortunate incident.

It's not luck, there's a bloody train track. You look first don't you surely?

Besic was a train crash. He should have looked, and he shouldn't have been doing that in his own half against the future champions.

Dear god, he'll definitely learn from it when Martinez and the others discuss it with him. Unlike the Bosnians I think that this should be his learning year: bigger roles in cup games, sub in PL games. Love his play, but he's young and need 1 year to fully adapt. He did this kind of silly moves a few times in the Hungarian league too, at his first match he fall over the ball and his own legs 3 times. Then became player of the year. So it's up to him: a lot of work and submissive behaviour is all he needs.

It's not luck, there's a bloody train track. You look first don't you surely?

Besic was a train crash. He should have looked, and he shouldn't have been doing that in his own half against the future champions.
We all agree that he shouldn't have done it. Including Besic himself, judging by his facial expression. This is why it's an unfortunate.
Let's hope it's a valuable lesson and it doesn't happen when it can actually cost us a game.

He's a kid. He came onto the pitch with an arrogant swagger and got a bloody nose straight away. He'll be better for it. If it has to happen, I'm glad it was then and not in the dying minutes of a game we're winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.