Moyes walks out of press conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only just viewed that. I cant understand all the fuss to be honest. I didn't see that as Moyes cracking up, he looked like he was going to piss himself at one point.

Journalists, by and large, are pond scum and should be treated with contempt. Well done Moyesie.

Obviously the press were given a prebriefing not to speak about Anichebe and he breached it!

Fergieesqe quality!

He looked amused by the whole thing to be honest!

:hay:

He's cracking up! No he pulled a Fergie, he's his hero after all. Come on what did he say on TalkSport? The look on his face to me said 'what did ah tell youse aboot questions on Anichebe? Ye stupad ****** prick'

ANYWAY big Vic already apologised.

Moyes' amazing TV walk-out | The Sun |Sport|Football

DAVID MOYES was involved in a bizarre stand-off with Sky Sports yesterday – over Sunsport's exclusive which revealed his bust-up with Victor Anichebe.
The rookie Everton striker was ordered out of their Finch Farm training base on Tuesday for claiming he was injured ahead of the FA Cup replay against Liverpool, insisting he could not train.

Moyes has so far flatly refused to comment on the story, and the "official" line from Goodison is that Anichebe is injured.

But today, at his weekly pre-match media briefing, the Blues boss took exception to being asked a follow-up question to his furious row with Anichebe by Sky TV's Peter Smith.

Asked if Anichebe was in the squad to face Bolton today, Moyes snapped: "He's injured."

When the interviewer persisted, despite initially insisting he would only ask one question about Anichebe, the Goodison chief stonewalled everything and didn't utter another word.

And after being asked if the question was "that bad," Moyes immediately left the room to do radio and then newspaper interviews.

Anichebe has been back in training this week and desperately trying to make the peace, but a summer departure is now almost certain.

Moyes later defended his decision to leave the briefing early when quizzed by a talkSPORT radio DJ.

When asked what prompted his amazing walkout, Moyes revealed: “I’d said there would only be one question about Victor and the reporter knew that.

"The agreement was he would ask me one question on Victor and he was happy to do that.

"I was happy to answer all the questions prior to it in the press conference today and when he did it (asked about the reported bust-up) he let me down.

"I try to do all the press conferences and I very rarely try to duck and issue. If you ask me about a penalty kick, if you ask me about a sending off then I always try and give my opinion.

"But today I told the journalist one question and he went with another one.”

Asked how long he expected Anichebe to be out for, Moyes added: “I don’t think it’s that long. If he were fit and available then we’d be using him.

"We’re short of bodies at the moment. He wanted to go to Hull if he could but he reported in the next morning injured so that’s the simple fact.

"I don’t know that if he’d gone to Hull he would have been injured the next day.”

Loving the Moyes attitude here. The ******* journalistic scumbag was told one question, and in typical "we do what the **** we want" attitude, he persisted with more.

[Poor language removed] houses.

Do football managers always have a say in what questions they are asked during press conferences? Seems odd. Moyes shouldn't have reacted the way he did, particularly as this is bound to be spoken about alot over the next few days and deflate some of the good-feeling around the club after wednesday night.

Do football managers always have a say in what questions they are asked during press conferences? Seems odd. Moyes shouldn't have reacted the way he did, particularly as this is bound to be spoken about alot over the next few days and deflate some of the good-feeling around the club after wednesday night.

Of course they do. Not just football managers, in fact most interviews you'll see on the telly will have guidelines about topics highlighted in a pre brief, this is design to specifically avoid bone headed reporters putting their foot in it

Status
Not open for further replies.