Moyes - Toffees switched off

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
Sky Sports | Football | Premier League | News | Moyes - Toffees switched off

David Moyes admits his Everton side did not deserve to take anything from their trip to Fulham on Sunday.
The Toffees left Craven Cottage on the wrong end of a 2-1 defeat, despite leading at the interval.
Tim Cahill
spacer.gif
had fired the Merseysiders in front, but second half goals from Paul Konchesky
spacer.gif
and Damien Duff
spacer.gif
turned the tie on its head.
Moyes
spacer.gif
accepts that Fulham's attitude made them worthy winners, but insists his side can perform much better than their showing in the capital suggests.
"I didn't think we played great in the first-half. I thought we might have just edged it, but I didn't think we were very good," he told Sky Sports
"Fulham being a goal down upped the tempo and we didn't. We looked happy to protect the goal and we never got on the front foot at all and they came into the game and got the goal.
"I thought Fulham were better than us in the second half and played with a bit more tempo. We didn't deal with a lot of forward balls in a way that we should have done."
Everton remain second from bottom in the Premier League table, with just one win taken from four fixtures, but Moyes is confident the Toffees can still enjoy a productive season.
"We've been in this position before," he said. "But we have to do much better than we have done today."

Mr Moyes cannot claim that his players switched off. Moyes got it all wrong today tactically and he is the sole blame for this defeat. Once Fulham equalised, which was coming from the first whistle of the second period, he decides to attempt to hold on to a point by replacing a forward, our only forward, with a midfielder in Fellaini, then to add insult to injury, he then brings on Yakubu for Osman when we go 2-1 down. The writing was on the wall for me once i learnt the starting 11. He brought in Billy who he is reluctant to try him out thus far, then plays Heitinga in central midfield once Neville got injured. I love Moyes, but sometimes his tactical decisions baffle me.

Last edited:
Yeah they swtiched off but a [Poor language removed] deflection and goal by Duff really made the difference.

Can't get Jags and Arteta back quick enough.

I guess a whole day of training together could be used in mitigation but then again we're not the only ones.

This isnt the first time we have started badly, you have to question the mental preperation to our sluggish season starts in recent years, its become trademark now.

Good to see the Yak back though wasnt it!

I guess a whole day of training together could be used in mitigation but then again we're not the only ones.

This isnt the first time we have started badly, you have to question the mental preperation to our sluggish season starts in recent years, its become trademark now.

Good to see the Yak back though wasnt it!

Maybe not mate but this is now officially the worst start to a season in Moyes Everton managerial career. I know we will be fine come next May, but still, the current situation is concerning.

Status
Not open for further replies.