Moyes at CB!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicagoToffee

generally quite awesome.
Sky Sports | Football | Premier League | News | Moyes readies his boots

David Moyes has joked that he may be forced out of retirement, so severe are Everton's injury troubles.

The Toffees are down to the bare bones as they prepare for a weekend visit from Tottenham, with their treatment room currently doing more trade than the training ground.

A whole host of players are set to sit out the Spurs clash this Sunday, with defensive lynchpins such as Phil Jagielka, Jospeh Yobo, Sylvain Distin, Phil Neville and Johnny Heitinga among them.

That means Tony Hibbert and Lucas Neill, full-backs by trade, are likely to be paired at the heart of the back four, but Moyes has refused to rule out making a dramatic return to action himself.

"Myself and Andy Holden (reserve team coach) have both played centre-half over the years," said a surprisingly upbeat Moyes, a former Celtic and Preston defender.

"We've both put ourselves in the frame this morning (Friday) when we joined in training and did okay so we're waiting on the manager's decision.

"I'm sure I can dig out my registration from somewhere.

"I think we'd quite enjoy it. I know what we would be trying to do in the first 30 seconds, rake our studs down the back of their legs!"

Get him in, FFS. He'd maul Crouch.

Thats just the time it would take to actually run around for a half. If you want me to complete 90minutes I reckon 2 years I will be good to go.

I think Celtic could do with him back in all honesty, they're out of Europe altogether now, could of been two tasty encounters between Bhoys and Moyes, now we shall never know, but Moyes on the field of play, he only retired from playing when at Deepdale, stranger things have happened.

The sh1te were talking about Dalglish in a player/managerial role if he ever took over from Benitez, I think they were serious too.

15 stone? I would look as skinny as Fellaini with that sort of weight. What sort of things you talking about here? Sell it to me. I mean im happy being fat with moobs, but I reckon my Missus would be happier and clearly my health would love me to lose some weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.