2017/18 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rewind. The stick the lad got for trying to play football and not just fall into the Jagielka-hoof mode was disgraceful. If you don't recall it then go see your GP

Bit of a weird response that.

The lad got stick because the stuff he was doing was utterly stupid and costing us points. Fannying about in your own area is not playing football its stupidity and you get taught that in school.

I think he is bog average personally. Half decent defender, half decent footballer, good footballer for a defender is not the same thing as being a good footballer.

I saw him last year plenty of times and he wasn't slow.

I think I actually said he wasn't rapid, but certainly quicker than Williams.

He's looked really sluggish recently though. Lost all of his confidence and playing alongside a different RB and LCB every game hasn't helped.
Bottom line we can't judge him properly given the disaster that was Koeman. I'd say he needs a Ratcliffe type alongside him.

Is he injured?

Sure he's not been great, but compared to Williams he's basically Maldini. For him to not be in the squad at all is strange if not injured.

Is he injured?

Sure he's not been great, but compared to Williams he's basically Maldini. For him to not be in the squad at all is strange if not injured.
If he's not injured then something is badly amiss. He's on a bad run of form but, as you say, compared with Williams (and Holgate) he is far superior. Worrying.

If he's not injured then something is badly amiss. He's on a bad run of form but, as you say, compared with Williams (and Holgate) he is far superior. Worrying.
He is yet to show it... Not questioning his ability atm, just dont think the hype matches the output.
The lack of a proper midfield shield is the bigger problem than any one individuals' performance atm. Players like Gana and Morgan might look good but don't command their zone, leaving defenders exposed.
With the right protection any defender will look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.