Michael Ball on free transfer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bozzen

Player Valuation: £950k
Have been alerted that Michael Ball is released from Man C, could this be something to bring back? He has been a blue boy before. As a back-up of course :huh:.

Improved since he last played for us, better than Valente, and he would be great back up.

Said it all summer ;)

He played very well for us when he was here before, and since he is a blue he might want to return here... But would he come here to play second fiddle for what might be a whole season? Since I can't see him be chosen before Baines.

He could cover both centre back and left back so is an option, especially as he's in our price range.

Meaning nothing to spend, true! :(

Was never convinced with him when he was here, been a perennial underachiever, and I don't see anything to change that.

Would be disappointed if this was the quality of our signings, and he doesn't fit the so-called Moyes profile for signings that was recently quoted (younger, developing players that we may make a profit on sell on within a couple of seasons) (n)

he has 12 years top flight experience.

he has played (and played well enough) for 4 very big european clubs everton , rangers , psv and man city.(all the managers of these clubs have given him high appraisal)

to turn down the chance to get him on a free as back up is simply nuts , especially considering our lack of numbers in defence, especially the lb position and our lack of money.

in fact im hard pushed to think of an ex everton academy player (apart from rooney) who has had a career on a par with him away from the club.

I think he's worth considering as a Valente replacement... Don't think we have anyone worth a chance in Reserve Team and we need somebody else than Lescott as a Baines back-up...

I always rated him as a youngster & felt he was badly done to. would be a handy squad player now, but following the same logic would perhaps have seen us sign davis from portsmouth. either way, i'll trust moyes' judgement.

Status
Not open for further replies.