2023/24 Mason Holgate

Certain posters here would have you believe it was incredibly reckless to loan him out :drunk:

I'd feel more confident playing Keane with medical boots on both feet over Holgate based on his past 2/3 seasons.
I hated seeing him on the team sheet. Absolute liability. At least Keane has the odd goal in him.

…a difference of opinion;

Sheffield United manager Chris Wilder on Mason Holgate's red card: "Well, maybe as a player that played for quite a long time, you would think that's an OK challenge - a strong and competitive challenge.

"But I think we all have to admit, me included, the game has moved on.

"It was a mistimed tackle and the correct decision was made.

"Mason has to take the responsibility that his decision has hurt us and the gameplan goes out of the window after that.

"As Sheffield United, you have to get the gameplan spot on against Brighton - you have to get it spot on against Brighton if you're Manchester City, Liverpool or Spurs - because of what they can do against you in terms of opening you up.

"It's difficult when things like that - which, of course, was self inflicted - go against you."

Sheffield United captain Anel Ahmedhodzic on Mason Holgate's dismissal: "The red card killed the game, killed our plan and killed everything we worked for.

"If you ask my opinion I don't think it is a red card. I don't want to say more.

"From what I saw on the pitch I don't think it was [a red card]. Maybe the replay seems harsher than it is.

"But from my view on the pitch I thought it was a fair tackle."