Marcus Bent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Always spoken very highly about the club. He wasn't the best but him in Moyes' system worked very well. Much better than it did with Beaytie who replaced him after breaking the clubs record transfer fee for.

Always appreciated him celebrating any of the teams goals with the away fans even if the rest of the players went off in a different direction.

Top man

Didn’t he get done for drugs and robbery?
That would be a bad thing.

I was only going to say that I appreciated his time here and that he will always be held in high regard for his effort and performances when he was here. But if he has been done for drugs, robbery and kidnapping (@dublinbluenose ?!?), then I am truly flabbergasted - I hope that it was all dealt with appropriately and that if true, he has mended his ways. I'm off to google his post Everton activities now.

edit: from wikipedia, he was tasered by police at his own home after he called them out because he suspected intruders. He was then arrested for being in possession of cocaine. He was then later arrested and fined for having it on his person - for personal consumption so at least not dealing or involved in its trade. Declared bankrupt this year. A pretty rotten tale and fall from grace. I hope he sorts all that out and shows the tenacity he did whilst playing with us to put these troubles behind him.

Status
Not open for further replies.