2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably not, because we lack the ambition to entice him. That’s different to the people saying he never would though. My opinion (and it’s just that) is that there is a set of circumstances Mourinho would consider managing us under: guarantees around contract length, guarantees over autonomy in football matters under his control, guarantees around transfer funds made available etc.

The Everton board would never agree to any of them though especially with Brands now in place. They do not want to bring the spotlight on themselves to hit targets and compete which Mourinho undoubtedly would bring. If Silva gets Europe then the softly softly nicely nicely rebuild would continue next season’s hen in all honesty the objective would probably just be the same. If Mourinho got Europe he’d be out in the press demanding transfer action to allow us to win it the year after and push for the CL spots. The board have historically controlled any narrative around aspiration and achievement so would never want to invite this.

He has no interest in finishing 8th.

Why would we finish 8th under him?

Same question I asked the other day.

What possible reason would Jose have for joining a team that has no chance whatsoever of winning the league?

Hes a very good manager, but he cant perform miracles.

His next club will be a team that challenges, hes not going to risk his rep by joining a team thats still a few years away from competing.

why did we not try this when we had Gueye?
Why aren't we using this system regardless of not having Gomes/Gbamin available?
I understand Morgan would sadly have to be used due to injuries and what not but it still gives the manager a decent idea of the system.
We could just go
Morgan/Delph/Gomes
Iwobi/DCLKean/Richarlison
just make the change you absolute plonker, Gylfi will literally cost him his job if he continues to indulge him in 4-2-3-1.

Why aren't we using this system regardless of not having Gomes/Gbamin available?
I understand Morgan would sadly have to be used due to injuries and what not but it still gives the manager a decent idea of the system.
We could just go
Morgan/Delph/Gomes
just make the change you absolute plonker, Gylfi will literally cost him his job if he continues to indulge him in 4-2-3-1.

Does seem very unlikely he's holding out for those EXACT XI players to switch to a 4-3-3...why wait? Why not employ it with the players at your disposal so that the ones you want playing it long-term get used to it in the meantime. It's not as if we're winning playing 4-2-3-1. It's clearly not working and hasn't done conclusively once this season.

We could just go
Morgan/Delph/Gomes

I suspect cos its probably not true.

Does seem very unlikely he's holding out for those EXACT XI players to switch to a 4-3-3...why wait? Why not employ it with the players at your disposal so that the ones you want playing it long-term get used to it in the meantime. It's not as if we're winning playing 4-2-3-1. It's clearly not working and hasn't done conclusively once this season.
Exactly that's why I find these quotes so strange, You could have used this formation/team against Lincoln/Shedff Wed/United, It sounds off to me.

Exactly that's why I find these quotes so strange, You could have used this formation/team against Lincoln/Shedff Wed/United, It sounds off to me.

They aren't quotes, tbf

GoK won't be lying. But they're not quotes. It's just 'understood'.

Also, Gbamin-Delph-Gomes, IMO, does lack a bit of creativity.

Sounds like it's either a panicked reaction or simply untrue. He'd have to drop Gylfi either way, and that doesn't strike me as a call he's particularly keen to make.

Same question I asked the other day.

What possible reason would Jose have for joining a team that has no chance whatsoever of winning the league?

Hes a very good manager, but he cant perform miracles.

His next club will be a team that challenges, hes not going to risk his rep by joining a team thats still a few years away from competing.

you could be right here..

off the top of my head I cant think of an absolute wordly manager joining a lesser team … well a team that hasn't won anything in donkeys.

Klopp to them lot is probly as near as it gets …

Rafael at Newcastle even, but Rafael himself hasn't really won anything in recent past..

Only thing making me want him to stay is the fact that there's absolutely nobody else knocking around who could manage us any better and who could possibly be enticed to manage us

They aren't quotes, tbf

GoK won't be lying. But they're not quotes. It's just 'understood'.

Also, Gbamin-Delph-Gomes, IMO, does lack a bit of creativity.

Maybe he feels he can't move to that system now because of problems elsewhere? Lacking pace in central defence so he feels the need for two defensive midfield shields, or issues with current full backs so he can't rely on overlapping and covering?

Jose would be putting his reputation on the line joining us. He performed miracles with Porto winning the Uefa and champ league. So he has shown he has done this in the past. But if he doesn’t succeed in his next role he won’t get another chance at a top club

Status
Not open for further replies.