2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is mind boggling the effect that one win against a lower league b team can have. That result has no impact on our premier league form or Silva's future whatsoever. It is league form that determines that and we have been nowhere near good enough in the 6 league games to date and need to do a hell of a lot better. The games against City and Burnley are far more important and we need to be better and put decent performances in both games regardless of the results.

And this giving him time is an absolute load of codswallop too. This is not his first season, he is 44 premier league games plus several cup games plus 3 transfer windows into his tenure and improvement and consistency should already be there. There has to be an immediate improvement or it is a certainty that his position will be in jeopardy and so it should be too tbh. Evertonian's deserve a lot better than the cack they have been served so far this season.

Lets hope that things get better from here on in. All i want to do is enjoy watching my club again and not be continually frustrated and apathetic.

Silva is under no obligation to play either of them. He’s also come out in the past and spoken about how Bernard complements Richarlison on the other flank and how he likes one playmaker to tuck in. Sorry but first 11 selection is firmly in the remit of Silva and he has continuously picked Siggurdson Schneiderlin and Bernard over many other options.

Didn't Mourinho win the champions league with the last 'nothing' club he managed?

Yep they never had a sniff of it before and haven’t had a sniff since (although Conte could change that). Mourinho is a class act, baffling that people don’t want him, he’d take us to a completely different level.

If we got Mourinho we’d win a trophy. It might not be pretty, it might all end in tears in a few years but would anyone really care if an Everton captain was lifting the league cup/FA cup/Europa League? No.

It's been ending in tears with out last 7 managers or something with nobodies. I'm meeting the lunatics that don't want Mourinho half way here. But isn't he worth atleast a punt? See what happens like.

It's been ending in tears with out last 7 managers or something with nobodies. I'm meeting the lunatics that don't want Mourinho half way here. But isn't he worth atleast a punt? See what happens like.

In all likelihood he could well be available at the end of the season. I’d like to think the Everton board have had conversations sounding him out if Silva doesn’t achieve the minimum objective of returning to Europe.

No mate.

Jose Mourinho will never manage Everton.

Probably not, because we lack the ambition to entice him. That’s different to the people saying he never would though. My opinion (and it’s just that) is that there is a set of circumstances Mourinho would consider managing us under: guarantees around contract length, guarantees over autonomy in football matters under his control, guarantees around transfer funds made available etc.

The Everton board would never agree to any of them though especially with Brands now in place. They do not want to bring the spotlight on themselves to hit targets and compete which Mourinho undoubtedly would bring. If Silva gets Europe then the softly softly nicely nicely rebuild would continue next season’s hen in all honesty the objective would probably just be the same. If Mourinho got Europe he’d be out in the press demanding transfer action to allow us to win it the year after and push for the CL spots. The board have historically controlled any narrative around aspiration and achievement so would never want to invite this.

Status
Not open for further replies.