Magaye Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite liked Gueye when he first came into the squad, I remember one of his first brief cameo appearances against Wolves I believe when Bily scored a screamer; he seemed quick, able to take on a player and to have some skills and a decent passing range.

Since then, I really do think he's gone backwards, don't think he's ever played well for more than half an hour in a game, and apart from 1 or 2 decent crosses, hasn't shown much else in his Everton career thus far.

He has absolutely no turn of pace, doesn't keep possession at all, and rarely even gets in positions to use his best attribute; his crossing.

Furthermore, it seems whoever he plays with, has a lot of trouble having a good game too. I don't think Baines has ever set the world alight when partnered with him, and Oviedo seemed to struggle last night too.

Maybe I'm being too harsh on the lad, he is still quite young, but he hasn't shown anything in a while that suggests he has what it takes to play in the Prem, or even in the Championship, where he'd easily be bullied out the game.

And no, this isn't a knee-jerk reaction due to his dire performance last night. Attacks stop dead when he gets the ball.

TL;DR, he's ****.

The only times i've thought he looked good, were against the same full back against Sunderland last season! but he's young, so hope he proves me wrong!

Never thought he was good enough. Has given some deceptively impressive performances, mainly when Baines has played behind him and he's done the simple things: just given it to the beter players. Asked to do things himself I don't think he's capable.
Would love to make some kind of profit on him though, £2-3 million would be nice.

no not going to make it, its his 3rd season with us and was pure sh.t last night

I am beginning to have my doubts whether any of our academy/youth players will ever make a genuine first teamer, despite Moyes always banging on about how good the young players are. It's a long time since a youngster has appeared on the scene and really excited - possibly, but only possibly Barkley - and before that the fat lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.