Match Thread Luton Town v Everton - Chat, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
4 months without a wins means it would be a no for me.

We would just be buying more crap players who will then be used as an excuse for why Dyche is a crap manager.

Until eventually we drop.
Cant say that your wrong is simply not good enough, that end of season run has saved him imo. Hopefully the club with the dof is well trying to avoid that ofc will be players dyche wants but we also must look to the future

Luton can't have any complaints against us, after all we've given them 4 out of their 26 points this season.

Give that we are safe and they are fighting for their lives I expected a bit more from them to be honest.

Was Andre Gomez booked for lurking near the edge of the area? There weren't any other players near him at the time. Or maybe he was cursing in Portuguese.

I went for Idrissa as MoM again, hardly put a foot wrong.

We've been gash going forward all season mate. the manager has sorted us from the back first, and he's done that well.
I know mate.

Correct, however if we are going to progress, we need to be more progressive. Onana, for all of his potential, will never realise it here because Dyche does not suit him at all. Our attack is absolutely dreadful from open play. We have no real pace.

Look at Chong last night, really bright, progressive with the ball, good feet.

The risk of changing managers is huge, but at some point it's going to have to be done.

I think Dyche's mandate will be get us to the stadium staying in the EPL. Then, perhaps a change will happen.

I know mate.

Correct, however if we are going to progress, we need to be more progressive. Onana, for all of his potential, will never realise it here because Dyche does not suit him at all. Our attack is absolutely dreadful from open play. We have no real pace.

The risk of changing managers is huge, but at some point it's going to have to be done.

I think Dyche's mandate will be get us to the stadium staying in the EPL. Then, perhaps a change will happen.

…I think Dyche liked Onana early this season. He was the one who transitioned defence to attack with those runs and built up a decent partnership with Garner. When the pressure was on, it was Onana’s form that fell away. I love the fella but I questioned his application and commitment to the cause when the going got tough.

He gets a knock, you can see his teammates persuading him not to go off. I think he’s fickle. Dyche is uncomplicated, he wants the best but he knows who he can rely on.

Onana not being involved at the tail end of the season says more about Onana than Dyche.

…I think Dyche liked Onana early this season. He was the one who transitioned defence to attack with those runs and built up a decent partnership with Garner. When the pressure was on, it was Onana’s form that fell away. I love the fella but I questioned his application and commitment to the cause when the going got tough.

He gets a knock, you can see his teammates persuading him not to go off. I think he’s fickle. Dyche is uncomplicated, he wants the best but he knows who he can rely on.
Sorry Eggs i wasn't suggesting that Dyche is wrong to not use Onana as he does. I just think there is a quality player in there at Onana and if Dyche stays, then Onana wont ever get any better than what he is.

I've always felt while has absolutely bags of ability, he strolls around way too much.

I was just pointing out that we will not be playing any sort of football until we have a manager who aims to do so. Dyche has been what we have needed, reluctantly, since his arrival, but there has to be progess at some point and Dyche is not the man to lead us back to top half, top 8 finishes.

Sorry Eggs i wasn't suggesting that Dyche is wrong to not use Onana as he does. I just think there is a quality player in there at Onana and if Dyche stays, then Onana wont ever get any better than what he is.

I've always felt while has absolutely bags of ability, he strolls around way too much.

I was just pointing out that we will not be playing any sort of football until we have a manager who aims to do so. Dyche has been what we have needed, reluctantly, since his arrival, but there has to be progess at some point and Dyche is not the man to lead us back to top half, top 8 finishes.

….for me Onana has been the big disappointment of the season. I recall that towering header at Burnley and think he could’ve carried us but he folded. Onana has everything from a physicality perspective but I see a weakness in application with him.

The challenge any manager will have is getting him to give everything consistently. In respect of Everton, I’m not sure any manager will improve him.

I know mate.

Onana not being involved at the tail end of the season says more about Onana than Dyche.

….for me Onana has been the big disappointment of the season. I recall that towering header at Burnley and think he could’ve carried us but he folded. Onana has everything from a physicality perspective but I see a weakness in application with him.

The challenge any manager will have is getting him to give everything consistently. In respect of Everton, I’m not sure any manager will improve him.

The boy had a calf injury & missed the penalty. Got loads of stick and was good when used as a DM. Unfortunately when he carries the ball and takes the game to the opposition hes told to stop and get back into position.

Its happened twice in recent weeks and im sure many more times ive missed.

To play in a disjointed midfield with Doucoure doing who knows what & Garner as a CM...the setup doesnt favour an anchor midfielder.

One of these championship midfielders e.g Hackney can do the same job Onana has been tasked with. Just a limited functional midfielder needed there who runs around alot.

He's an £80mil player being told to play like a £20mil one.

We'd be wise to take an offer that doubles the fee we paid after clauses.

In that Arsenal team, in place of Partey hed become a global name.

I have plenty of respect for Dyche, and don't enjoy speculating on the future of a decent guy who has worked hard to save us from relegation. However today's Everton has become an anachronism in a league where the route to long term success is through progressive passing football. I think if we had more quality up front it might make Dyche's style of football look (a little) prettier. Personally I think a change of ownership might be what does for him in the end.

I know mate.

We do need to be more progressive up front for sure, our opinion are largely poor. However Dyche has not yet had one transfer window without his arms being tied behind his back, nor is he likely to get one anytime soon.
I think your last paragraph is probably spot on. Maybe sooner if a takeover actually does occur.