Match Thread Luton Town v Everton - Chat, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apparently, it was because the ref blew up for full time before they had a chance to take a corner.
Hahahahaha... Mate, I really hope for their sake that you've got it wrong.

But if not, that's small time actions from a small time club.

Hope the door doesn't smack your arse on the way out of the PL when you get relegated lads!

Insipid performance last night but I suppose it was to be expected. Getting that win against Liverpool and picking up points didn’t turn us into a good team. Getting enough points to be safe was all that mattered, what happens in the remaining games is of no consequence. Securing Premier League status is not success, it merely gives us an opportunity to start putting things right, a bit like last season and the season before. I remember when the hope we talked about in the adage “it is the hope that kills you” was the hope that we might win something. My hope now is that we might start doing things correctly, experience isn’t my friend in this hope.

I have to admit, the... 'FFS it's Luton!' shouts have been a bit arrogant this season.

Newcastle, Liverpool, Wolves, Brighton and Bournemouth are all better than this Everton team, and they've all failed to win there too. A draw there is fine. Where I will agree with you is that we were a bit timid and, as ever, the focus was too much on stopping them and not enough on hurting them.

Even though we're safe, I think Dyche knows he's still fighting to keep his job for next season and so is reverting to his tried and trusted method.
They are crap. They will finish the season on less than 30 points which is relegation in every premier league season there's ever been.

I take it you wasnt one of the 122 votes for man of the match then 🤣

All about opinions mate 👍
Yes definitely all about opinions and in my first post I mentioned that I voted for Gana Gueye who was in the game all the time he was on the field and was outstanding for me in central midfield and it wasn’t improved with the introduction of Gomes or the Belgium international when they came on.

The football is ‘solid’., not great. Only 3 players would get near a top 6 team: Branthwaite, Picks, Calvert Lewin( perhaps)…

Yes definitely all about opinions and in my first post I mentioned that I voted for Gana Gueye who was in the game all the time he was on the field and was outstanding for me in central midfield and it wasn’t improved with the introduction of Gomes or the Belgium international when they came on.

Gueye did a great job. Easly been our best midfielder in the last 4 games. Worryingly at 34 that he is.
I just didnt get the branthwaite thing. I mean we have no natural fullbacks. The onus is all on the two centre halves. I thought they were both as they have been all season. The rock at the back.

Gueye did a great job. Easly been our best midfielder in the last 4 games. Worryingly at 34 that he is.
I just didnt get the branthwaite thing. I mean we have no natural fullbacks. The onus is all on the two centre halves. I thought they were both as they have been all season. The rock at the back.
Yes Tarkowski and Branthwaite have been the rock, as you say, of the team all season and Tarkowski would get my vote for Player of the season because he has been the organiser of the defence although Branthwaite is obviously the better footballer. Last night basing the standard the young centre back has been showing most of the season he had a poor game to me and the defence would have been poorer for his absence because Godfrey offers nothing there and Young’s age is catching up to him although he was the better of the two full backs on show last night.

I don’t expect much from this squad, football wise, but I was disappointed with the performance last night, and after getting into a safe position I thought we’d be more relaxed but the whole team never seemed to get to grips with the game and it was a good job that Luton were as poor as us.

I must add that I think Dyche has done a great job with securing our continued run in the top flight with this threadbare squad but like everyone else I don’t know where we go from here but I hope he stays as manager for the foreseeable future.

IMG_8852.jpeg