Match Thread Luton Town v Everton - Chat, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It’s the most bizarre ground layout I’ve ever experienced. The entrance to the away end turnstiles has houses either side and flats above the entrance. It looks like they have just removed 2 or 3 front doors of the terraced houses.

All joking aside, I am surprised they have a safety certificate because the access is so narrow inside and the steps/fire escape are too small for the capacity of people who are sitting in the stand.

It’s another one of the 92 league grounds that I’ve ticked off but don’t think I’ll be rushing back to Luton(what a dump) or Kenilworth Road in a hurry.
Bizarre probably means 'tight budget' when they were building the ground and they went with the cheapest quote for architects.

You know, the lads who probably did the bare minimum to get certified... The types who spent their varsity studying years mostly on the campus quad playing hacky sack and, ummmm, 'partaking' in the sticky icky.

They were probably high when designing that ground layout.

You get what you pay for. 😂

Disappointed we didn't win, but we did come across as a side playing a meaningless game for the first time in 2 seasons and the lack of pressure that comes with that, I'd have a few young lads in for the remaining 2 games get some minutes for them they could be needed after a potential fire sale in the summer.

Him and tarkowski were solid. Well off his game?
Not sure what game you were watching mate tbh.
Same one as you mate, I like Branthwaite and unfortunately we will not be able to keep him but last night he was bullied and looked like he wasn’t fit, he certainly never read the game like he usually does and caught out of position a few times.

Bizarre probably means 'tight budget' when they were building the ground and they went with the cheapest quote for architects.

You know, the lads who probably did the bare minimum to get certified... The types who spent their varsity studying years mostly on the campus quad playing hacky sack and, ummmm, 'partaking' in the sticky icky.

They were probably high when designing that ground layout.

You get what you pay for. 😂
Even in 1905!!

Must have all been smoking Opium when they signed off the plans…

Same one as you mate, I like Branthwaite and unfortunately we will not be able to keep him but last night he was bullied and looked like he wasn’t fit, he certainly never read the game like he usually does and caught out of position a few times.

I take it you wasnt one of the 122 votes for man of the match then 🤣

All about opinions mate 👍