Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbf, wouldnt surprise me if Aubameyang was unhappy. Very rarely started and when he did he got put out on the wing, can see the very same thing happening again with Immobile and Ramos being there.
I'm pretty sure he's more than content at Dortmund as Aubameyang is a player I follow very closely (Kind of obsessed). I wouldn't say he's an unrealistic signing, but he'd definitely take a hell of a lot of convincing. I think he's crying out to be played up front on his own, and I think he'd fit in perfectly at us, but as dortmund payed 15mill for him, I can't see them selling him for anything less than 20mill as he had a very good 1st season at the club.

I know all that. And I do hope he will play for us in the coming seasons, since he is an important piece that we have lacked for many years... a prolific goalscoring striker. But the fact remains that he might not be good enough to get a starting Place in a CL team, at least not yet. Otherwise there would be CL clubs swarming around and snapping him up. Noone is though, at least not openly. He is carrying a big pricetag and he hasn't shown he can compete in Europe and he failed in the WC.

My other fear is that Martinez will wait for weeks until Lukaku decides not to come here and then we are faced with the fact that we might be rushed into getting a mediocre striker for an inflated price. For even if Martinez is using the loanmarket and loans a striker. What is he going to tell that striker? "You will be our main choise as a striker, unless we sign a better one before the window closes. If we do you will be parked on the bench, just like you are in your current club?" He can't really go out and promise a starting spot if he is hoping to get Lukaku, and no striker of Lukaku's calibre would want to come here on loan to get matchtime if he risk facing the bench here to if Lukaku signs up 1-2 weeks later.

Yeah I've always thought Roberto was that stupid. He should really get a few people off here to help him figure this stuff out...

Is Lukaku back from holiday yet?
------------/----------------------\-------------
----------/--------------------------\-----------
------NO-------------------------YES-------
--------|------------------------------|----------
--------|------------------------------|----------
Chill out ffs! ▪▪▪▪▪ Did he have a nice time?
It's a really good point that. Why has nobody asked him if he had a nice holiday? We could end up with a Yaya situation here if we're not nice to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.