Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Alan Carvalho was 18-20 he played for Fluminese and scored 17 goals in 52 appearances. I'm constantly amazed by how many people overlook Rom's age here: over 15 goals in two seasons running (first primarily as a sub) is remarkable. Last season Rom had the highest combined goals and assists of any player under 21 in EUROPE (15 and 9, respectively). Judging a player on his international form is daft, it's an unfamiliar team in unfamiliar circumstances with an unfamiliar manager. He would be by far and away our best striker of the PL era

yet again I deal with an inaccurate and a misleading post.

He actually scored 7 in 11 starts. And he can finish. Check out Alan Carvalho on youtube. He'd be much better than spending big and having no money left on Lukaku. omg

That's a good record, obviously, but its not as impressive as 32 in two seasons (don't know how many starts). And it also begs the question why did he only get 11 starts in two years? as opposed to Lukaku who was 1st choice for us when fit at a similar age. Not to mention that Rom has proved he can do it in this league for two teams in us and West Brom who both play very different styles of football. And the assist stats are very important for someone playing as a lone striker (and occasionally on the side of a front 3) - 9 assists is the same as yaya, lallana, erikson, cazorla etc. Not denying that this Carvalho kid is good, but Rom's record for his age is remarkable. He was only 16-18 when he was at Anderlecht and he scored 33 goals ffs! (in 70-odd appearances). For me, the price is irrelevant as long as its no more than £25m or so because his value will almost certainly increase and we'll make a profit. Just my view anyway

a lot of people think he's rubbish so why wouldn't we have a chance. Can't be that many clubs bigger than us after a crap striker.
Considering we want too sign 7 players , lukaku's wage / price would take
most of our budget up anyway? .. dont know what we have just assuming but cant see bieng able too bring much in if we did
+ a CL team comes in more wage couldnt see him choosing us

heel end up signing now cos ive said that + this will be quoted + ill be add off. ffs

Considering we want too sign 7 players , lukaku's wage / price would take
most of our budget up anyway? .. dont know what we have just assuming but cant see bieng able too bring much in if we did
+ a CL team comes in more wage couldnt see him choosing us

heel end up signing now cos ive said that + this will be quoted + ill be add off. ffs

haha. The money is the biggest stumbling block for most I think and because of that are trying to make him sound worse than he is to justify not wanting him.

It's a tough one, I see both sides of the argument.

I don't think we do. We're just talking about what we'd do if we could.

think id be like this

4kbh8h.gif

I think we could get a couple of decent players for the money that's going to be spent on Lukaku dont get me wrong I would like to sign the player but he has already hurled his boots into the crowd we should move on with this now.

I think people are so sweet.

thinking we actually have a chance of signing him ffs

We don't just have a chance of signing him, we are actually one of the favourites to sign him. We have the money to sign him from Chelsea, and the capacity to meet his wage demands, something which most European clubs are incapable of matching. Perhaps you could inform us all as to why the prospect of Everton signing Lukaku is so far fetched?

We don't just have a chance of signing him, we are actually one of the favourites to sign him. We have the money to sign him from Chelsea, and the capacity to meet his wage demands, something which most European clubs are incapable of matching. Perhaps you could inform us all as to why the prospect of Everton signing Lukaku is so far fetched?

i did say it in a joking type of way like, but just dont think we have a chance myself ^^^
+ would be able to strengthen alot better than spending most/all? / selling
i dont know the budgets but ye

When Alan Carvalho was 18-20 he played for Fluminese and scored 17 goals in 52 appearances. I'm constantly amazed by how many people overlook Rom's age here: over 15 goals in two seasons running (first primarily as a sub) is remarkable. Last season Rom had the highest combined goals and assists of any player under 21 in EUROPE (15 and 9, respectively). Judging a player on his international form is daft, it's an unfamiliar team in unfamiliar circumstances with an unfamiliar manager. He would be by far and away our best striker of the PL era

How many were starts? He is an EXCELLENT finisher. He has an amazing gs record (50 in 70) for Salzburg which is not far off the Belgium league from which lukaku came. If Man Utd or Liverpool or Chelsea bought him you'd be asking why weren't in for him? Check out his youtube videos. He is class. He's played for Brazil u21 and had a long term almost two year injury. Martinez said we have to be creative. I believe that. Buying Lukaku for 20m (loan though was) is not being creative ffs. get real.

Status
Not open for further replies.