Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just reaked of not trusting him and putting a hard worker like Naismith up top instead. Best chance we had fell to Naisy and it hit his albino nose. The whole system was crap toniget, Everton simply bored me because o never once felt threatened by those bellends. They were there for the taking. I've said that too many times in my lifetime.
It reeked of playing no striker at all and playing to forwards wide to take advantage of their 4-3-3. It didn't work since our forwards didn't get the better of their opponents 1 on 1.

It reeked of playing no striker at all and playing to forwards wide to take advantage of their 4-3-3. It didn't work since our forwards didn't get the better of their opponents 1 on 1.

Top much rotation up top changing positions if you ask me. Happens even when a player is on top of his man and doing well then for some reason they all change positions. We looked a bit poo truth be told. Oh well, clean sheet and move on to the next game with pride still intact.

The reason why he's offside half the time is because he's made about 4 bloody runs screaming for the ball which never comes and then he's having to track back. Lad is bloody knackered doing more off the ball crap than he should. Couple of games ago we were trying to hit him nice and quick ( man city and west ham games spring to mind ) yet we reverted back to type yesterday. Back to goal, no support around him, stints on the wing = every way not to get the best out of him.

Am I the only one who feels that Lukaku plays better with Barkley instead of Naismith?
Nope, trouble is Barkley has only had a handful of appearances behind Rom this season as he has been shoved wide too often and found it hard to get any form going. Barkley has deserved to be dropped of late but I can't wait to see a side with a spine of Stones, McCarthy, Barkley and Lukaku right down the middle which didn't do badly last season but we haven't seen this.

I agree. He is offside well to often I also think they don't get the ball to him quick enough.
The guardian got it right. He just got a bit frustrated and couldn't be arsed / too tired getting back on side however I remember one that Barry did and it was clear he was off. There was no reason to make the pass and Rom gave Barry a bollocking for it.

However he needs to cut it out.

The reason why he's offside half the time is because he's made about 4 bloody runs screaming for the ball which never comes and then he's having to track back. Lad is bloody knackered doing more off the ball crap than he should. Couple of games ago we were trying to hit him nice and quick ( man city and west ham games spring to mind ) yet we reverted back to type yesterday. Back to goal, no support around him, stints on the wing = every way not to get the best out of him.
Totally agree. Amount of runs he made yest n nobody got their head up to see this earlier. If we start using him properly wel win games.

he's actually poor when back against the goal, his touch is as soft as cement too. im sure they are working to change that.
lukaku is beast in counterattack runs. the fact is our current tactic isnt utilising his strenghts. but i think bobby is working on that too.
think about it...he's 21 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.