Lukaku to Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
For 35 million pounds I will take Diego Costa

Lukaku is 20 million pounds... 25m if Chelsea is being stubborn.

Also Im really pleased Lukaku is open minded enough to go play on the right wing... Some players put in a bad shift to show that they can't play anywhere but their primary position, but he played great on the RHS and Martinez was tactically spot on to put him out there. Really caught the gunners defense flat footed. Could have had more than one goal too.

Ladies and gentleman, uber-dancing super-striker Daniel Sturridge!

thing is if we do sign him, surely thats our whole transfre budget gone?! so we wont be abel to improve from this year...hmm

Do we need to improve from this year?

We're kinda pretty good this year. And next year the young players, will be one year old, mcgeady and kone will be settled, oviedo will be back, Martinez will have more time with our players, etc.

If we can buy a Barry and a Lukaku, we can fill in our squad with loans and we'll be fine.

We're kinda pretty good this year. And next year the young players, will be one year old, mcgeady and kone will be settled, oviedo will be back, Martinez will have more time with our players, etc.

If we can buy a Barry and a Lukaku, we can fill in our squad with loans and we'll be fine.

We need to ease one of our youth strikers in ideally, as much as people think he's gash, we have missed Kone... Gibson will be back, if he can stay fit/steer clear of injuries he'll be adequate option for when Barry or McCarthy need a break/injured... I'd personally hope Martinez would go out and buy another experienced CM if none of our youth players are looking ready, Barry will be alright for a year or two (if we sign him).

In foresight if Lukaku comes, Barry comes, Traore comes for another year (would baffle me if this wasn't the case??), we've got essentially the spine of our team, picking up good squad players will be where we want to focus though, CB is a worry, RB not so much with Stones' versatility.

Sounds about right... And well out of our price range if true. The lad is only 20/21 and has now proven himself in successive seasons out on loan in the Premier League. Chelsea invested around £17m on the lad (potentially) they won't be letting him go for anything less than £25-£30m given his curve.

That's probably our budget for the summer, and Bobby would be foolish to spunk it on one player when we are desperately in need of improvement and depth in other areas to compete once again next year.

I've no doubt he loves the club but given the opportunity, I'm sure he'd jump at the chance to go back to Chelsea. They are in desperate need of striking opportunities and Rom would be a great addition, just depends if Mourinho sees him fitting and can reassure him as much. Jose is known to prefer a front three with a strong centre forward, ala Drogba, Balotelli and Rom is certainly in that mould.

I continue to be astounded by your wit, lid.

Which areas are we 'desperately in need of improvement'? We have a far better defence than you, our younger players are better than yours (stones > Flanagan, Barkley > Sterling, McCarthy > Henderson), we've got long term injuries to the likes of Pienaar, Kone, Oviedo, Jagielka and Gibson and still had the strongest bench we've had for a while yesterday.

Tbh I think we should spend anything up to £30m on him. He's only going to get better and with his signature we should cement CL football. I know it's slightly more complex than what I'm about to say but buying him for £30m is like swapping him for Fellaini (agent fees, signing on fees etc) but still, when you thin of it like that it doesn't seem so bad.

As armchair fans. Agents and financial experts, how are we defining his transfer fee? Thin air?

Who was the last striker to move for big money?

Transfermarkt has Lukaku at £22m

Fine isn't good enough if we get CL even Europa. We need 2 or 3 top quality players with champions league experience. Or at least Europa with a decent side.

As armchair fans. Agents and financial experts, how are we defining his transfer fee? Thin air?

Who was the last striker to move for big money?

Transfermarkt has Lukaku at £22m

Lukaku cost them 17 million didn't he?

They'd want to make a profit you'd imagine. And the fees for Falcao, Cavani, Higuain etc, shows that 30-40 million is what top strikers go for these days.

If I could pick 3 players to sign perm. I'd choose lukaku oxlade tadic

That would cost about 45 million though :)

Fine isn't good enough if we get CL even Europa. We need 2 or 3 top quality players with champions league experience. Or at least Europa with a decent side.
That's a fair point, but I think that signing Lukaku permanently is vital even if he costs our full transfer budget. We are a completely different side with a powerful, fast striker who can actually finish and opponents actually are starting to fear us. If we can keep him and Barry and have Kone, Gibson and Oviedo back it will like several new signings and we then have cover in most positions.
It's like a fine samurai sword...take away the cutting edge and it still looks nice but isn't going to get you anywhere. Put the edge back on and it's a whole new proposition. Lukaku is our edge and, having tried cheaper strikers in recent years, has proved that we need him or someone just as good if we are to complete at the top. He will also have sell on value which we should bear in mind and, if he continues to develop, we could end up with a £50m striker on our books.

He will surely be joining us if we get top four. That celebration can only have meant that, otherwise it was just weird. He looks to have a spectacular relationship with Roberto, and we know his relationship with Jose Mourinho is strained at best. This is your home now, Romelu.

Reactions: Loz
He will surely be joining us if we get top four. That celebration can only have meant that, otherwise it was just weird. He looks to have a spectacular relationship with Roberto, and we know his relationship with Jose Mourinho is strained at best. This is your home now, Romelu.
I think we should start persuading him....maybe a banner on the Gwladys end with his and Roberto's faces on and a caption that simply says "The Chosen Ones". Classy eh? I think you are right....Goodison should be his home and I feel that we need to make him feel that he is the number 9 that we crave.

I think we should start persuading him....maybe a banner on the Gwladys end with his and Roberto's faces on and a caption that simply says "The Chosen Ones". Classy eh? I think you are right....Goodison should be his home and I feel that we need to make him feel that he is the number 9 that we crave.
That'd be lovely. Or we could all black up en masse in tribute to our giant Belgian striker.

Would be nice to think we negotiated a permanent deal in his contract when he came on loan, something outrageous like 22m. Imagine he was available for that and we lost out because we wanted to haggle over 4/5m. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.