Lukaku replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first choice would be Jelle Vossen from Genk.
His scoring record over the last few years is very impressive (at all levels)
He is young, tall, strong and Belgian - just like Lukaku!
We apparently watched him before but have never made a bid. Middlesbro bid £4m for him in the summer but were turned down but I estimate a bid of between £6-8m would get him.
Buying English players is a lot more costly so looking abroad seems the safer and more savvy choice.
If we can't get him we should look at one or more from this list -
Edin Dzeko, Philip Hosiner, Graziano Pelle, Dario
Cvitanich, Alfred Finnbogason, Filip Djordjevic, Luc Castaignos, Dusan Tadic,
Kevin Volland, John Guidetti and Demba Ba

Last edited:
Doubt we'd be able to afford 120k a week for him mate. Lad's a player, though.
Is that what he's on now or just what you think he'd cost? I think anyone coming from City would understand they are going to be taking a paycut ... looking at you next year Barry ;). If we got CL though it's not out of the question we'd sign a 100k+ a week player -- that's what the market commands for that level of player and we've often used new money on wages rather than all transfer fees.

i think qpr are hoping that they will go up this season and if they do remy will go back to them .. i also think he still on bail atm.. waiting for a court date

Pick up Jozy Altidore on the cheap during the inevitable Sunderland firesale when they get relegated at the end of this season.

*ducks*

(I should say, I don't consider Altidore to be Lukaku's equal by any stretch, but his transfer fee would be more reasonable. Even if we do get CL next year, we'll have to add depth in a lot of places, not blow our entire budget on a superstar.)

It's a boss shout if he could be convinced to sign for us mate. If we can get Jelavic and Heitinga off the wage bill for decent fees then it might even make financial sense. Reckon he's about the best Lukaku replacement we could hope for and just about a realistic target if we stay on form. He's a 15-20 goal a season striker easy if given enough minutes.

LCAB reckons Dezko was up for signing for us a few years ago but Kenwright couldn't get the dosh together. LCAB also reckons he controls Prince Charles' dreams with his microwave, though.

That last line was alarse but comical. Even lcab would laugh

If Baines stays in January (big IF) and Barkley keeps improving and we continue to play the best togger in the league. I think the only world-class scouser that doesn't play for us might just walk home on a free. Now that would be something.

I like the look of that Danny Ings kid at burnley, 21, bangin them in for in the championship and deffo affordable wages wise.

Good shout- been prolific in Championship this season. I'd also have a look at Charlie Austin, now at QPR. Anyone reckon we could pinch Rodriguez off Saints if they start to slump down table? He'd be a great signing in my book but I like that Ings kid. Maybe even Jordan Rhodes???

Good shout- been prolific in Championship this season. I'd also have a look at Charlie Austin, now at QPR. Anyone reckon we could pinch Rodriguez off Saints if they start to slump down table? He'd be a great signing in my book but I like that Ings kid. Maybe even Jordan Rhodes???

no lad

When Im not at Everton im at Burnley when they are at home, Ings is a good talent but it can't be us that takes the risk on him. Burnley would want a decent price for him. SOmeone like Hull, Palace, WBA need to be the ones to take that chance.

He's quick, eager to get in the box and can finish, but for a team chasing CL football, too much of a risk. Need someone who's either doing it in a good european league (Bundesliga, La Liga, Serie A) or proven already in the Prem.

If Baines stays in January (big IF) and Barkley keeps improving and we continue to play the best togger in the league. I think the only world-class scouser that doesn't play for us might just walk home on a free. Now that would be something.

Just lumped £10 on us being his next club few days ago, a frankly ridiculous 25/1 at Ladbrokes

Status
Not open for further replies.