Lukaku replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiderefc

Player Valuation: Free Transfer
This is my first thread so be easy on me please!! As everybody knows even if we do get in the champions league, which is a big possibility this year, we will not have the money to afford lukaku. With edin dzeko not getting a game at city personally I think he would be the perfect replacement and maybe we could get him for 10 to 15 million. He also has premier league experience. What does everybody think?

It's a boss shout if he could be convinced to sign for us mate. If we can get Jelavic and Heitinga off the wage bill for decent fees then it might even make financial sense. Reckon he's about the best Lukaku replacement we could hope for and just about a realistic target if we stay on form. He's a 15-20 goal a season striker easy if given enough minutes.

LCAB reckons Dezko was up for signing for us a few years ago but Kenwright couldn't get the dosh together. LCAB also reckons he controls Prince Charles' dreams with his microwave, though.

Maybe Gareth Barry could have a word in his ear and remind what a great club we are to play for. Barry is loving his time here.

I'd love Dzeko but i think we should be looking at somebody a bit younger. When you look at our side right now we have a real core of young players coming through, Dzeko would be 27 or 28 if we were to go in for him.

I'd love Dzeko but i think we should be looking at somebody a bit younger. When you look at our side right now we have a real core of young players coming through, Dzeko would be 27 or 28 if we were to go in for him.

Stones/mccarthy/barkley add two or three more young central players to this and we have a solid spine for a decade.

You are right he would be 28 when the summer transfer window opens. A player who never has been blessed with outstanding pace! Think we would get a good 5 years out of him if he was to sign

Get Luciano Vietto and Dzeko (cash allowing)

A young guy to grow with the team and a seasoned premier leaguer to score a lot of goals in the mean time

[video=youtube;kUkv0f1CGOk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUkv0f1CGOk[/video]

I love Dzeko, kind of got deal there for awhile when he was the No 4 striker. Loan PLZ!!! I wouldn't care if we'd bought him despite his age. Our future is now. Plus players like Dzeko are more adept for long careers than say Michael Owen, who needs his pace.

Would love him here. Sadly it's very unlikely. Then again everton have done nothing but pleasantly surprise me this season then who knows.

Just think if we got top 4 this year and finished ahead of Chelsea there's no chance Jose would let Luaku go because he knows without him/a top striker we'll be nowhere near them the next year.

Permanent deal for Remy perhaps? Has done really well at Newcastle to date- incredibly quick and a fantastic finisher. Would wages be an issue??

Status
Not open for further replies.