• Everton

Votes: 146 39.7%
  • No one

Votes: 79 21.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question is why spend 28 million pound on a striker and play him on the wing.
The most hyped manager in football today.
No leadership on or off the pitch

Great but of business buying a 28m striker and sticking him on the wing. Maybe in January we can put in a cheeky bid for hazard and have him shore up our defence. [Poor language removed] ridiculous

Pathetic that. Typical of us this season, disgusted by Martinez. Absolutely no plan b, I know Lukaku wasn't great but playing him on the wing (once again) for the whole 90 minutes is a joke.

Well in Jags, Besic & Browning though. Hope to see Browning start when ever Coleman isn't available from now on!

Got out of jail there, big time. Need to get Seamus and Ross back to fitness pronto. And NEVER play Rom on the wing again.

Sometimes, I just don't understand people. One of a handful of good performances - pretty much the only great performance - was Lukaku on the wing against Arsenal last year. He lacks the awareness, vision, composure, technique, balance, strength, link-up play to play centrally. He's looking nothing short of hopeless there. Contrast that with Naismith, who's been bloody brilliant and was again today. We would have done some damage with that trio upfront as we did last year had Mirallas sadly not gone off injured.

Roberto is probably desperate to have a reason, to have justification, to play Lukaku upfront. He's quite simply not up to it, not even close, and if we're going to get him in anywhere, we're choosing a position where he might have the most impact (and has done in the past) and will hopefully do the least damage. The question is why did we buy him in the first place - a true masterstroke by Mourinho. £28m is looking ever more ridiculous. Needs a huge, huge turnaround in form. But I wouldn't have him anywhere near the first team on current form.

Also, Stones is utterly world class.

Sometimes, I just don't understand people. One of a handful of good performances - pretty much the only great performance - was Lukaku on the wing against Arsenal last year. He lacks the awareness, vision, composure, technique, balance, strength, link-up play to play centrally. He's looking nothing short of hopeless there. Contrast that with Naismith, who's been bloody brilliant and was again today. We would have done some damage with that trio upfront as we did last year had Mirallas sadly not gone off injured.

Roberto is probably desperate to have a reason, to have justification, to play Lukaku upfront. He's quite simply not up to it, not even close, and if we're going to get him in anywhere, we're choosing a position where he might have the most impact (and has done in the past) and will hopefully do the least damage. The question is why did we buy him in the first place - a true masterstroke by Mourinho. £28m is looking ever more ridiculous. Needs a huge, huge turnaround in form. But I wouldn't have him anywhere near the first team on current form.

Hi John...you're boss.

Lukaku is TWENTY ONE. TWENTY ONE

He has scored 15+ goals in the last few seasons - including injury last season and being a supersub the one before. He scored in his last two games. He has scored against Utd, Pool, City and Arsenal.

He normally plays up top and is double/triple marked. This was integral to us last year as it gave Mirallas and Barkley and Naismith much more freedom (something thelatter has enjoyed this season too). His movement is excellent - against Wolfsburg I constantly saw him make a run only for people to miss him.

He goes through spells where he doesn't score but he also does as well. If he can replicate his form for thelast two seasons again he will be 26 and entering his prime - who had heard of Costa 4 years ago?

Today he played on the wing and received poor service but at times he bullied Moreno.

People writing him off already are ridiculous.

I'm still recovering from that game! I must have drunk my body weight in real ale and cider today. My wife has been a superstar. I thank her greatly for giving me our daughter and Everton - two of the greatest gifts a man could ask for. I've asked her a few times if she would ever fancy moving back across to Walton and now, finally, she is considering it...

I'd love to relocate, lids. I really would. Getting to every home game? That would be amazing. I'm sat in the spare room now, supping another cider and absolutely enraptured, waiting for MOTD.

That was an amazing day, with an amazing set of circumstances. I went out with the wife and two Everton fans from nearby. We started off at the pub, watching the game. The beer was flowing until we went 1-0 down. After that, Jags stepped up...and our glasses were scattered across the floor as I leaped up and went mental. The Kopites in the pub shuffled on a few minutes after FT and we continued to drink on into the afternoon. We visited a few other pubs and had a cracking time overall.

Got back in the house about 6pm and the lads went home. Me and the wife have just been smiling all evening and we've been chatting about moving to Walton, as I say...I'm bang into the idea.

I'd love to get in amongst it and be a true blue...

Here's hoping.

What a day.

What a team.

I'm in love and always will be.
Good read mate; but you dont have to be in L4 to be a true blue. Glad you enjoyed the game and ignored by advice.

The greatest goal in a derby in almost 30 years today

Lukaku is TWENTY ONE. TWENTY ONE

He has scored 15+ goals in the last few seasons - including injury last season and being a supersub the one before. He scored in his last two games. He has scored against Utd, Pool, City and Arsenal.

He normally plays up top and is double/triple marked. This was integral to us last year as it gave Mirallas and Barkley and Naismith much more freedom (something thelatter has enjoyed this season too). His movement is excellent - against Wolfsburg I constantly saw him make a run only for people to miss him.

He goes through spells where he doesn't score but he also does as well. If he can replicate his form for thelast two seasons again he will be 26 and entering his prime - who had heard of Costa 4 years ago?

Today he played on the wing and received poor service but at times he bullied Moreno.

People writing him off already are ridiculous.
I'm desperate to be proved wrong. But there are just too many hypotheticals in this post. I mean really. IF he replicates last season's form. IF he replicates said form next year. IF he suddenly gets better and continues to get better. Too many IFs to just declare he'll suddenly become the next Costa. Youth is indeed on his side. But he's been nothing short of woeful this season, we just can't afford to carry him. I think a spell out the time will be beneficial to all

I'm still recovering from that game! I must have drunk my body weight in real ale and cider today. My wife has been a superstar. I thank her greatly for giving me our daughter and Everton - two of the greatest gifts a man could ask for. I've asked her a few times if she would ever fancy moving back across to Walton and now, finally, she is considering it...

I'd love to relocate, lids. I really would. Getting to every home game? That would be amazing. I'm sat in the spare room now, supping another cider and absolutely enraptured, waiting for MOTD.

That was an amazing day, with an amazing set of circumstances. I went out with the wife and two Everton fans from nearby. We started off at the pub, watching the game. The beer was flowing until we went 1-0 down. After that, Jags stepped up...and our glasses were scattered across the floor as I leaped up and went mental. The Kopites in the pub shuffled on a few minutes after FT and we continued to drink on into the afternoon. We visited a few other pubs and had a cracking time overall.

Got back in the house about 6pm and the lads went home. Me and the wife have just been smiling all evening and we've been chatting about moving to Walton, as I say...I'm bang into the idea.

I'd love to get in amongst it and be a true blue...

Here's hoping.

What a day.

What a team.

I'm in love and always will be.
Lovely stuff mate. Come home!

Status
Not open for further replies.