Votes: 146 39.7%
  • No one

Votes: 79 21.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As they should be

If we had spent over 200m in the last two seasons I would aspect us to be fighting for the title ffs

Agreed mate. Only stating what I saw on the highlights though, not taking money into account. At the end of the day, it's still 11 players against 11 players.

have lost count of the times I've now watched Jags goal....just as perfect a goal as you'll ever see....90th minute, anfield, kop end, worldie, hilarious.....

funny thing is, while watching it back, i still don't know why he hit it first time on the volly, ambitious even for Ronaldo...keep expecting him to take a touch to control it then pass it to someone else....

The amount of chances they had, I would have put Howard or Stones as MOTM, which is a compliment to both them and us.
They didn't have many chances though. I recall 2 chances....lallana and Belotelli. They offered more pressure but chance were restricted and majority of there shots were nothing shots just like ours. We also had one clear cut chance with Rom missing the header. They were the better team but only just, they closed us down better and probed without any penetration. We lost Mirallass and our game plan went out the window. We drew the game but we did win the possession didn't we Brenda...Brenda....Brenda. Hmmmm something he couldn't use in his classless aftermatch comments.

Will Jags goal be goal of the season?
Given the timing, the fixture, the degree of difficulty (even if he could never do it again!) its stone cold!

Will Jags goal be goal of the season?
Given the timing, the fixture, the degree of difficulty (even if he could never do it again!) its stone cold!

It will be Evertons goal of the season no doubt but will soon be forgotten by the Top 4 lovers. Now if it was a top 4 team then it would be nailed on. Just the way the cookie crumbles nowadays.

Imagine that was from Sturridge or Rooney, it'd be taked about as goa of the season. What an absolute hit, stunning. I was as shocked as Jags was, haha! Felt like a win, made up, made my weekend.

I read the sports pages of 3 papers today. In none of them was there a photo of Jags hitting that stunner. Virtually very little mention as well save some thing like "incredible strike" Yet as you say if it had any of the two you have mentioned or Gerrard it would have all over back page. In fact in the stories it was mostly about Liverpool and how they should have won. Very little mention of Stones or the saves by Howard, or Mirallas going off and absolutely no mention of the back heel in the last minute nearly snatching the win.

Simply indicative of the medias lack of interest in us.

I read the sports pages of 3 papers today. In none of them was there a photo of Jags hitting that stunner. Virtually very little mention as well save some thing like "incredible strike" Yet as you say if it had any of the two you have mentioned or Gerrard it would have all over back page. In fact in the stories it was mostly about Liverpool and how they should have won. Very little mention of Stones or the saves by Howard, or Mirallas going off and absolutely no mention of the back heel in the last minute nearly snatching the win.

Simply indicative of the medias lack of interest in us.

Bolded this simply because we really should have took the lead. It was there for us, a Man U v Bayern moment. Their heads had dropped completely, fans with heads in hands and players looking lost. IF we hit the target we would have won. I keep telling that to my
wrong-Merseyside-club supporting chums, especially when they say we where lucky. I was gutted we didn't win!

Status
Not open for further replies.