Who needs the jarg
Bearded little
Weapon

Christ, everybody has
Gone mental
Over the lid cos
He threw a few
Half decent corners in
And how long will Oviedo be happy here for, getting a game every couple of months
At this moment in time baines still has the edge but like I said this is mainly experience
But there is also a thing called the future
And we aren't a Chelsea, Man utd, or a man city
Where we will go out and spend a 100 mil each summer

Not said he's finished once. All I've done is given my opinion. Before his last four shocking performances I said I'd start Besic ahead of him and nothing has changed. IMO, besic is streets ahead of Barry. That's all.

Surely based on last season Barry is one of the first names on the team sheet? Besic has performed well and I'd have him in the team at the moment but if Barry gets his form back he's got to be straight back to being in the starting eleven. He's too important not to be and Besic is a bit raw.

Taken from The Guardian:

Spurs' current revival (two defeats in the last nine games, one by Chelsea and the other with a very ‘Europa League’ team against Besiktas) has been built round picking (youngsters) such as Ryan Mason, Nabil Bentaleb and Harry Kane, often over more expensive and/or more established players like Paulinho, with Roberto Soldado eventually relegated to the bench this weekend as well. There is not a massive amount flashy about Spurs at present, just patience and an intelligent use of the best available resources – what in other walks of life would be called ‘common sense’. They are not particularly used to that at White Hart Lane but such revolutionary thinking could be just the thing to set them back on track.

I think Bobby could learn a lesson or two from this approach: out with 'the establishment', in with the players who are determined to truly begin their careers.

I see this season as being the perfect season for it, to be honest. Look around the league and see how inconsistent its been in general (Chelsea, City and West Ham are the only exceptions).

Spurs are taking full advantage and will have three players (Mason, Bentaleb & Kane) at least who are better off from it as a result going into next season.

So much depends on who's fit to start, who's only fit for the bench and who is still out injured... but I would ditch the 4-2-3-1 if Mirallas is unable to start. I might switch to it in-game, using Pienaar and McGeady off the bench, but it wouldn't be how I'd start the game.

If Stones is fit to start, I'd consider a 3-4-3:
Howard
Jags - Stones - Distin
Coleman - Barkley - Besic - Baines
Lukaku - Naismith - Eto'o​

If Stones isn't ready to start then I would look at a 4-3-3 / 4-3-1-2:
Howard
Coleman - Jags - Distin - Baines
Barkley - Besic - Oviedo
Naismith
Lukaku - Eto'o​

Obviously if McCarthy is ready to start then both those lineups would alter accordingly.

Why are people stressing over losing Garbutt on a free. Is it not the case that you cant lose anybody who is under 23yrs old on a free unless they are released by the club.?

Taken from The Guardian:

I think Bobby could learn a lesson or two from this approach: out with 'the establishment', in with the players who are determined to truly begin their careers.

I see this season as being the perfect season for it, to be honest. Look around the league and see how inconsistent its been in general (Chelsea, City and West Ham are the only exceptions).

Spurs are taking full advantage and will have three players (Mason, Bentaleb & Kane) at least who are better off from it as a result going into next season.
Exactly this should be the season we blood the youngsters. We're probably not going to get into Europe next season so we have to prioritize next and the coming seasons.

So much depends on who's fit to start, who's only fit for the bench and who is still out injured... but I would ditch the 4-2-3-1 if Mirallas is unable to start. I might switch to it in-game, using Pienaar and McGeady off the bench, but it wouldn't be how I'd start the game.

If Stones is fit to start, I'd consider a 3-4-3:
Howard
Jags - Stones - Distin
Coleman - Barkley - Besic - Baines
Lukaku - Naismith - Eto'o​

If Stones isn't ready to start then I would look at a 4-3-3 / 4-3-1-2:
Howard
Coleman - Jags - Distin - Baines
Barkley - Besic - Oviedo
Naismith
Lukaku - Eto'o​

Obviously if McCarthy is ready to start then both those lineups would alter accordingly.
We can't play the same as Pool. A 3-4-3 won't work as Lukaku and Eto'o aren't the players to do a high press.

I would be happy to see 11 players on the pitch that I believe we're trying. Look at Newcastle, Pardew was for the sack but the players started putting in a shift for him and they stabilised the team. We need that at the moment but do our players committed to what Martinez is doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.