Lille - Info (Travel, Hotels, Bars, Directions etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How expensive is it in Lille compared to Paris? Just the essentials like food and ale, and what times do the trains stop running back to Brussels? @JimEFC
Lille is much more cheaper than Paris.
If you want a beer or eat something, it will be more expansive in town centre (Grand Place, Rihour,...)

What are the best football bars and are they near the stadium?

Also, can you buy tickets on the gate for the home end?

Thirdly, if I wear my everton shirt in the home end will I get beaten up?

Thank you, great thread this!!

If you have a good behaviour, you should be safe (I can't be 100 % sure, there are stupid people everywere, but Lille is quite a safe city, and there are lots of strangers everyday)

Jupiler isn't bad Lager as well, reckon the offy's will run out if close to that main Sq. as Ale in the shops is way cheaper than in Bars, but £2.54 a pint aint bad for France, most bars probably sell Big bottles(wine bottle size) of Cider as well for the same price as most of the lagers are for a pint.
Please guy, DO NOT drink Jupi if you come....there are much better beers...

Yes you need a ticket to park your car for free.
Tickets for blocks B and C car park are available on the same website as game tickets.
I believe that the free car parks around stadium are closed, so you must pay....or go further for a free car park and take a bus/metro

Thanks for that, mate.

I found the parking bit on the billetterie page, looks like they do the same 3 game deal for the parking. Here's the page:

http://www.grandstade-lillemetropol...-parkings/grand-stade-access/18-09-2014/21h05

I was thinking about C1 as that looks pretty easy to get from and to the A25.

What's the difference between pack pt and pack abonne?

Hello Dears,

i'm a Lille's citizen, and for mates which booked an hotel next to our stadium, take care, you are not in Lille but a city next to Lille called Villeneuve d'ascq, to have to the bar / restaurant, living place, you are to take our "metro" or "bus".

Very good place to be : " Le Velvet", they have best beer ever : Karmeliet.

See you at Lille, we are all Football's Addict <3
Sorry for my english

Welcome to the forum mate! We're looking forward to a good group stage with tough matches, good football and lots of beer!

A few of us have booked tickets in the Lille end by buying the 3 match pack, do you think there will be any issues with us being in the Lille end?

Also as we won't be using the Wolfsberg ticket I think most of us are willing to hand over that match ticket to Lille fans, maybe to youth centers or something similar if you know of any in the city we can pass them onto?

is there likely to be trouble in the bars in your opinion? are the Lille fans known for ultras/hooligans?

thanks

No, I don't think you'll have problems with our supporters.
Lille have some hooligans (around 50-100 people) but I don't think Everton has a violent reputation. I don't think our hooligans attack "normal" supporters so Lille is a safe place for evertonians, imo. If there will be troubles, it would be in the Lille downtown, not in or around the stadium (too much cameras and policemen).
But you can always have some trouble with some drunk chavs at night, like everywhere in Europe. But if you're not alone and totally drunk at 3 am, there's no risk.

In our stadium, you have to avoid the North Stand (Tribune Nord) where the LOSC hardcore supporters are. But I think our steward won't let you come in if you have tickets in this stadium area.

Last edited:
Just done some proper digging on Lille's attendance figures.

Their average last season was 38,662. Capacity is 50,186.
Bear in mind this was only the second season the new stadium opened, so it's bound to have got a bump in crowds from that alone.

I don't think we have poor attendances.
Since the opening of our new stadium (3 years ago), we have 30 000 season ticket holders each year and an average attendance of 40 000. we are 2nd or 3rd in French league.
And the capacity is officially 50 000 but I think for safety reason, for the football match, it's 48 000.

Their lowest last season was 5,500 - that's for a cup match (FA Cup equivalent, round of 16).

I think, it was for a poor match of "Coupe de la Ligue" (League Cup). Everybody in France don't care about this poor cup made for TV.

Their highest was 48,900 vs. PSG. PSG is their derby.
Their actual derby is Valenciennes, then Lens, but Lille-PSG is the big northern rivalry. Plus PSG are the team to beat now.
Biggest league game of the season for Lille fans and they didn't even fill it.

No, our main rivalries are with Lens and Marseille. We hate them.
We don't like other french teams but there's no hatred with them.
And we hate Man Utd in Europe.

They've had two home league games this season - attendances were 32,327 for Match 1 vs Metz and 34,860 Match 2 vs Lorient.
For the Champions League qualifier against Porto last moth they got 35,000 exactly.

Yes, but in august, people here are on vacation. You have more people in stadium at the beginning of september, "à la rentrée".

Thanks for that, mate.

I found the parking bit on the billetterie page, looks like they do the same 3 game deal for the parking. Here's the page:

http://www.grandstade-lillemetropol...-parkings/grand-stade-access/18-09-2014/21h05

I was thinking about C1 as that looks pretty easy to get from and to the A25.

What's the difference between pack pt and pack abonne?
"abonné" is for season ticket holder. Usually (especially for ligue 1) the price may be different for casual tickets, but for the uefa pack it is the same price, so no difference. Choose "pt" (I don't know what pt means, mayble "public t....?", for "abonné" I think they will ask for a season ticket number.

You can choose C1 or B1. Here you have the access for all the parking : http://www.grandstade-access.com/parkingP.php
Chosse a parking, then where do you come from and you have the map !

Welcome to the forum mate! We're looking forward to a good group stage with tough matches, good football and lots of beer!

A few of us have booked tickets in the Lille end by buying the 3 match pack, do you think there will be any issues with us being in the Lille end?

Also as we won't be using the Wolfsberg ticket I think most of us are willing to hand over that match ticket to Lille fans, maybe to youth centers or something similar if you know of any in the city we can pass them onto?
I've talked about something like that in an other topic :
http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/t...icket-travel-info.65875/page-173#post-2993298

I never knew that - so do they speak Vlaams or some dialect that is closer to it than French?/

Just interested as a keen amateur linguist!!

Nobody speaks flemish here in Lille but we have a very strong relationship with Belgian Flanders (and with Belgium). Lille is close to the belgian border and many people here have some ancestors in Belgian Flanders. Many flemish people came to work in the Lille manufacturies at the end of the XIXth century. Most of the Lillois have flemish blood in their veins.
We have the same sentimental relationship with Belgian Flanders that you have with Ireland here in Liverpool.

And in an historical point of view, we were part of the County of Flanders during the Middle Ages.

Loving all these sound Lille fans on our forum, can tell this is gonna be a belter of a trip! Few beers with our French cousins in the big square before the game I reckon :) I'm gonna take an old home shirt over and hopefully get a swap.

Status
Not open for further replies.