Joleon Lescott

Sell Lescott?

• Yes, for £18m to £20m - with all money being given to Moyes to spend

Votes: 116 45.0%
  • No way - we must keep him at the club.

Votes: 142 55.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be gutted if Lescott leaves, sends out a sh*t message, but if he does 15M plus Richards would be the best we can get, still end up with a Ctr half who can play full back, just the other side, think Richards would be a good right back, but average ctr half, and alongside Yobo can see mistakes a plenty till Jags is back

Pretty much the main argument against selling, imo.

Still, when all's said and done and the rumour mongers and hack local cubscout reporters have been put to one side, last word on the issue from our manager is that none of our players are for sale. We're in the business of adding to our core playing staff not diluting it. That'll do for me.

Pretty much the main argument against selling, imo.

Still, when all's said and done and the rumour mongers and hack local cubscout reporters have been put to one side, last word on the issue from our manager is that none of our players are for sale. We're in the business of adding to our core playing staff not diluting it. That'll do for me.

But Moyes is always coming out with [Poor language removed] like that, Dave. I'm not saying he's a budding Bill (with Bill it's more of a pathology), but he does talk a game when it suits him. Everyone has their price, and if Joleon's is met, Moyes will sell him in a second flat (while at the same time trying to appear that he had nothing to do with sale).

But Moyes is always coming out with [Poor language removed] like that, Dave. I'm not saying he's a budding Bill (with Bill it's more of a pathology), but he does talk a game when it suits him. Everyone has their price, and if Joleon's is met, Moyes will sell him in a second flat (while at the same time trying to appear that he had nothing to do with sale).

think thats a bit harsh on Moyes. Lescott would probably double his salary, got to admit it would be hard to resist.
just as I said earlier though, I had hoped that we were not a selling team anymore, in an ideal world, not for sale would mean just that, but once his agent gets in his ear............:mad:

think thats a bit harsh on Moyes. Lescott would probably double his salary, got to admit it would be hard to resist.
just as I said earlier though, I had hoped that we were not a selling team anymore, in an ideal world, not for sale would mean just that, but once his agent gets in his ear............:mad:

I don't think so. Moyes is ruthless when he wants to be.

I partly agree with that mate. And that's another reason why it would be so damaging if Lescott was allowed to move on - not only is it poor for the club's status, for the reason Blue in Brazil states, it also undermines the manager's ability to look credible. I mean, it's not really on, is it, for everyone to hold the view of Moyes that 'he's just talking up the price of a sale' and we all take it with a pinch of salt when he's addressing Evertonians? It has a corrosive effect on how supporters view the club.

yep he is ruthless, doesn't make him a liar though

Pointless getting into the whole thing, mate. The only thing I would add is that in the past he has contradicted himself quite a few times. Moyes likes to look like the good guy in front of the media and the supporters, and sometimes he says what will make appear as that.

I partly agree with that mate. And that's another reason why it would be so damaging if Lescott was allowed to move on - not only is it poor for the club's status, for the reason Blue in Brazil states, it also undermines the manager's ability to look credible. I mean, it's not really on, is it, for everyone to hold the view of Moyes that 'he's just talking up the price of a sale' and we all take it with a pinch of salt when he's addressing Evertonians? It has a corrosive effect on how supporters view the club.

But isn't Moyes doing precisely that when he comes out with statements that he cannot maintain should a suitable offer be presented to him? It happened with AJ last season, and now it appears to be happening with Lescott. Moyes does the whole "I'm the people's man" thing very well, but he's not expert at it, which is why I don't trust him when he makes blanket statements about any player at the club.

Last edited:
Haven't we established before that there is a difference between a player "not being for sale" and then accepting a bid for them at a later time?

My cars not for sale. Because right now it isn't and that statement is true. But if tomorrow someone offered me £2000 i would sell it. Would that make me a liar?

Football is a business. You can pretty much read whatever you want into peoples statements and twist it whichever way you want.

Getting tired of this transfer saga. Would prefer to keep Lescott, but if he wants out, I don't think there's anything we can do about it. Of course we can keep him to his contract, but can't see any logic in keeping an unhappy player at our club. Have to say though, that 15m+Richards+Jo on a season long loan doesn't sound to bad a busisness to me. However as said, I hope he isn't interested in a City move and will stay at Everton. Just hope it's sorted either way very soon.

Haven't we established before that there is a difference between a player "not being for sale" and then accepting a bid for them at a later time?

My cars not for sale. Because right now it isn't and that statement is true. But if tomorrow someone offered me £2000 i would sell it. Would that make me a liar?

Football is a business. You can pretty much read whatever you want into peoples statements and twist it whichever way you want.

I'm not sure the analogy works. In football, you expect your best players to be the subject of interest, so there is always knowledge that come the transfer window, a bid might be received. Moyes knows that, which is why he made the statement about not having to sell players.

Status
Not open for further replies.