John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really though? 2 bids from the champions? One of the world's best managers chasing him?

We've played it the only way we could have. Hold off, bump the price up, hope for more interest.

Bit jarg the timing of his request though with the cup game against his old club.

yes really- it got too late and there was no real noises of him wanting to leave until today.

Why not. Price is based on demand, not on value. If a billionaire wants to buy something he can't get anywhere else and his heart is set on it you'd be a fool to sell at a reasonable price. The Terry suspension / fall from grace only raises the price by an extra 30%. Come this time next year he'll be worth even more. They want him early, thereby [Poor language removed] the start of our season up (cos we've no backup) and costing us points. Gonna cost ya.
We have known how this was going to play out since the start of the window. We can't exactly moan that we don't have time to get a replacement.

This news will cause a shitstorm like no other on the board. This will push everyone over the line.

Our club is in serious trouble. Not because of one player but the obvious reasoning behind it. We're in trouble. Our board have messed up on a monumental scale here.

Queue Chelsea come back and low ball us now for 20 million and prob most of it in installments just to mess with us and our fecking silly board accept it.

I rather he go if he does not want to be here feck him. Does it hurt? Yes it does. We have declined massively as a club and i have resigned myself a long time ago to expect this sort of stuff but still we have a right to be a tad annoyed at him his reps and well our board for lacking any ambition or will to succeed

This just appears to be a repeat of the lescott situation a few years ago and I think it was clear who got the better end of that deal. Stand firm and take no less than 40 million for him and then watch his career decline the same way lescott's did.

Status
Not open for further replies.