Joel Robles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last couple of games he's done what our former/other keepers have been slated for not being able to do.
He's plucked crosses out of the sky and closed down shots/attackers very well. Add in that his reflexes/agility seem very good then he's got the makings of a high end keeper.

If he comes for crosses like that every game mate, then i'd agree, think Koeman is a pragmatist by nature as well, which means if he continues to impress then who knows what will happen

Im not sure whether its more the replacement of Jags with Funes Mori, or Robles, but we have had 4 clean sheets in our last 5 league games.

It could well be our change to 3 at the back. Correlation doesn't necessarily imply causation, but I think the clean sheets are the result of a few factors.

I like Joel though, hope he has a great season and nails down a place. He seems to love being here and, most importantly, looks like a cartoon horse

Another top performance from Robles. A bit like last season's LFC game at Goodison. But he
looks even more comfortable now and his aerial control has got better. His distribution is so smart and
the way he does not panic but uses his head, like the one-on-one against Silva last week, mark him out
as a naturally clever keeper.

Has Robles ever played as bad as Lloris yesterday? No..He has been average in a few games but he has overall
been quite good, often very good and it is clear that he is getting stronger.
He was pretty bad against Sunderland last year but I think the whole team were under orders to get Newcastle relegated that game. So I can forgive him.

Looking at the Spurs keeper and City keeper yesterday and I look at Robles in a different light. He has been steadily improving and the coming for crosses is winning me over. Against Leicester and Palace he was collecting crosses and it comes as a surprise to me. For years we have had keepers that stayed on the line and have cost us numerous goals for not being brave enough to collect. Robles has improved so much from last season in his decision making. I looked at the Man Utd OG and just feel that if that was us and Robles in goal he would be getting slated for being beaten at his near post but because it was De Gea not much was said about it. We are too critical and ready to pounce on any mistake and overly get stuck in.

Bolasie on the Everton show said he was told by AJ that the crowd can easily get on your back. Snodin says Evertonians love the 100 per cent commitment player and Darren Griffith said Evertonians love a good moan. We are a tough crowd.

We've got 16 games left for him to convince Koeman he can spend the money on a different position. Easy to get carried away when we win a game or two but he's been noticeably solid for a while now.

Also, as mentioned by a few others, he seems to 'get' Everton which is always great to see! Go 'ed Joel lad!

Pickfords another flavour of the month player shinning in an utter dross side
I have watched most of Sunderland's games this season.

Pickford is a huge prospect.
However he does it have the physical presence of Joel and does not come for crosses.

Joel is operating at a higher level since Steckelenberg got injured.

Looking at the Spurs keeper and City keeper yesterday and I look at Robles in a different light. He has been steadily improving and the coming for crosses is winning me over. Against Leicester and Palace he was collecting crosses and it comes as a surprise to me. For years we have had keepers that stayed on the line and have cost us numerous goals for not being brave enough to collect. Robles has improved so much from last season in his decision making. I looked at the Man Utd OG and just feel that if that was us and Robles in goal he would be getting slated for being beaten at his near post but because it was De Gea not much was said about it. We are too critical and ready to pounce on any mistake and overly get stuck in.

Bolasie on the Everton show said he was told by AJ that the crowd can easily get on your back. Snodin says Evertonians love the 100 per cent commitment player and Darren Griffith said Evertonians love a good moan. We are a tough crowd.
Spot on !! His save yesterday kept us honest....it was frankly...incredible !! he's been given a chance and by christ he has taken it. At last we have a keeper who isnt afraid to move, Commands his area and has relexes like a cat.
I love Robles....long may he continue !!

His dominating of the crosses was incredible yesterday, there was one towards the end that was almost at the penalty spot, shows he's full of confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.