January transfer window 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically what you’re saying is while dyche is here, we will only play hardworking players even our forwards.

Well it seems that way right: that is why he didnt play Gray and clearly thinks Danjuma doesnt offer enough (although he seems to work hard enough for me in the games he has played in). Sure Harrison can not come close to the skills of Rodriquez, but it is clear Dyche doesnt want a player who does not put in a shift as an attacker. It wolud be good also for the rest of the team if we have 1 exception (unless the player has the quality of Messi lol).
The thing is it’s catch 22, if you don’t want better forwards who don’t need as many chances to win games, we probably have the worst front 3 in the league for goals, and XG in terms of number 9 and wide players, not counting doucoure.

Then you will need to keep a lot more clean sheets and build your whole game on being defensive and hard to beat and I have no issue with that in our current predicament, but long term you need to change and be more expansive, if you want to go up the league and keep the fans on board. They will soon get board off 35% possession and being hard to beat. And I’m not sure dyche will change from his style. I know I’m going off from Harrison, but it sort of leads into one another

The thing is it’s catch 22, if you don’t want better forwards who don’t need as many chances to win games, we probably have the worst front 3 in the league for goals, and XG in terms of number 9 and wide players, not counting doucoure.

Then you will need to keep a lot more clean sheets and build your whole game on being defensive and hard to beat and I have no issue with that in our current predicament, but long term you need to change and be more expansive, if you want to go up the league and keep the fans on board. They will soon get board off 35% possession and being hard to beat. And I’m not sure dyche will change from his style. I know I’m going off from Harrison, but it sort of leads into one another
yep you are right. Will be interesting to see how/if Dyche will evolve or not. Guess he will have some time to think about it lol. Our current predicament will last at least till we are in BMD i think when we get much more income from Matchdays for example. So it will take time before our finances improve and we can buy better players.

Makes sense to me if we can get a big fee. Rough calculation. 30m signed in 2022 on a five year deal.

Amortization 6m a year. 1.5 years as at Jan 24, leaves roughly 21m value on books.

Selling for 60m leaves us just under 40m profit.

Note, not sure how clubs deal with residual value, so profit likely lower
Lille have a massive sell on fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.