January transfer window 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of refreshing knowing we aren't buying anybody. It's like the good old days under Bill.

Pity we don't have a 60k gem to buy.
We certainly aren't going to be in the market for any players over 20 million and to be honest I wouldn't want to be.
We need to throw everything into scouting and unearthing hidden gems in the lower leagues home and abroad.
Always looking for the finished article is just lazy management and more often than not you are buying big egos and players who have lost the hunger they initially had.
If you bring them in at 25m more often than not they have 1 good season and want away.

Genuinely I’ve been unimpressed with Harrison in the main. I’d hope that grafter wingers are 10 a penny.
yes the number of goals he has scored and sometimes poor crossing is not the best. But you also have to remember Dyche's system of defending starts very much from the front. If we had too many Demarai Gray / James Roderiquez type of players we would be conceding many more goals. For me it is more crucial we have good options from the bench to change it if we need a goal late on in games. Somebody like Gnonto might be able to bring that. Not sure how well he tracks back defensively.

Surely they'd have to go for a winger first rather than Onana. Almirons started 24 games for them this season.
A decent fee could open the door for a couple of deals though, with amortisation a fee in can equal multiples of that going out in FFP terms.

Given their squad depth has been an issue I imagine the idea would be to sacrifice one player to bring in more than one.

Think it’s one to watch as it’s sounded all window like we’re reasonably open to selling Onana.

A decent fee could open the door for a couple of deals though, with amortisation a fee in can equal multiples of that going out in FFP terms.

Given their squad depth has been an issue I imagine the idea would be to sacrifice one player to bring in more than one.

Think it’s one to watch as it’s sounded all window like we’re reasonably open to selling Onana.
Makes sense to me if we can get a big fee. Rough calculation. 30m signed in 2022 on a five year deal.

Amortization 6m a year. 1.5 years as at Jan 24, leaves roughly 21m value on books.

Selling for 60m leaves us just under 40m profit.

Note, not sure how clubs deal with residual value, so profit likely lower

Status
Not open for further replies.