January 2015 transfer window ( No GIFs allowed )(Nor fish puns ffs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love us to be lining up like this in February:

111214155209.png

With Robles, Eto'o, Barry, Nais, Oviedo and either Atsu or one of the kids on the bench.

Everton are at that level that is really tough to figure out, we are behind chelsea, city, united, but on terms with Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal is debatable (they have been top four for years), but just ahead of West Ham, Villa and such.
What we need is to improve what we have now without financially hurting ourselves to catch the top four, but also keeping above the bottom twelve. Freebies like Ayew, Reid and Gignac would be good additions leaving us with money to replace Howard with a top keeper, like someone mentioned earlier, there is no point replacing the spine of our team with other 'decent' players.

The board and Bobby need to be cautious but have a little dare in them when the right player becomes available, sort of when Spurs dared to ask real for Van Der Vaart.

two or 3 of those good players on a free to use as rotation i.e. vlaar for centre back, delph for DM/CM and then a backup winger, then a transfer budget of around £25m-£30m to be spent on a new keeper and winger of genuine quality. would set us up perfectly, we would be very well set up for europe and a top 4 push next season.

this is next summer's business i'm thinking of because i really don't think we'll spend money this jan. possibly a winger on loan, but i can't see it.

What roberto needs to do is get the spine sorted out by the end of the season.

Id say keeper (although happy with howard right now), stones, McCarthy, Besic, Barkley, Lukaku. Pretty good spine if there ever was one. Young and can last years. wingers and full backs can be replaced in time.

and obviously Stones MCCarthy and Lukaku are the bare minimum of the spine.

don't think we're in the market for a new no 1 keeper since they just gave howard a new deal (not american bias just pointing out he just a got a new contract)

don't think we're in the market for a new no 1 keeper since they just gave howard a new deal (not american bias just pointing out he just a got a new contract)

Nah dont think we are either mate.

Especially with his fave all over this new American partnership thing he's going nowhere.

Unless, his form really dips further. Then it might just become a serious issue. If it's not already.

I'd say right now we have a decent overall squad. When the team is fit we have players who can make an impact off the bench, right now we really need to focus on improving the starting 11. We need a young Pienaar and/or a starting winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.