January 2015 transfer window ( No GIFs allowed )(Nor fish puns ffs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been a poor window for EFC.

We needed a keeper , centre back , a forward to replace Eto'o and a decent winger and got none of the 4.

Hope that Lennon proves me wrong.

I'm ok with the window. Biggest need was winger. Keeper would have been pointless during this window as they need time to settle and Joel will last this season. We can't achieve crap this season so paying over the odds for another forward when we've got lukaku and Kone seems silly.

Only improvement for me would have been getting Distin's wage gone early rather than paying the rest of his contract.

This has been a poor window for EFC.

We needed a keeper , centre back , a forward to replace Eto'o and a decent winger and got none of the 4.

Hope that Lennon proves me wrong.

Did we need those though?

The season is a complete write off and I'd be stunned if we did anything at all in Europe now the way we're playing, so doesn't it make more sense to hold fire until the summer.

I've been VERY angry in the past when we've missed opportunities to push on in January and really go for 4th - last year being the prime example in my view - but this year... meh, who cares. As long as we've got enough to stay up now (and it looks as if that Palace result, albeit a terrible performance overall, shows we do) then that's all we can hope for from 2014/15.

Would love to beat Liverpool this week, then hear all the 'your still getting relegated' stuff, go on to win the Europa and go into the Champions league then try and sign a top player they have been courting for months.

We're still keen on Cleverley according to the Echo. Was up for having him back in the summer but I've lost interest now. Has done nothing of note at Villa even though he's a had a run in the side in his natural position. We should look at better options because we're going to need a central midfielder soon. Barry and Osman are near finished, Gibson will be shipped out and McCarthy is injury-prone.

Did we need those though?

The season is a complete write off and I'd be stunned if we did anything at all in Europe now the way we're playing, so doesn't it make more sense to hold fire until the summer.

I've been VERY angry in the past when we've missed opportunities to push on in January and really go for 4th - last year being the prime example in my view - but this year... meh, who cares. As long as we've got enough to stay up now (and it looks as if that Palace result, albeit a terrible performance overall, shows we do) then that's all we can hope for from 2014/15.

We are still in Europe in the knockout phase, we must be the only club who's board, manager and fans have give up on actually wanting and trying to win things, sickening, we are in Europe and won't be next season but hey lets just fukk it off, joke of a club

We are still in Europe in the knockout phase, we must be the only club who's board, manager and fans have give up on actually wanting and trying to win things, sickening, we are in Europe and won't be next season but hey lets just fukk it off, joke of a club

Not really, just a big gap between the League stage and the KO stage. The fervour will be back when we get nearer to the first game.

The key now is that martinez has several months to tie up deals for new players and get half our squad out of the door...summer should be epic.

Status
Not open for further replies.