January 2015 transfer window ( No GIFs allowed )(Nor fish puns ffs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek: ??? forced to play barkley in his first game in charge? forced to sign a 21 year old lukaku instead of an experienced striker. forced to play stones ahead of plenty of defenders?

barkley dosent countil as he is one of England's top young talents and pretty much all managers would of been playing him at that stage of his career.

lukaku forced his way into the squad by playing well as a sub, kone being injured and jelavic being gash, so martinez was pretty much forced to play him.

Stones only got his run of games by jags and alcaraz getting injured. In fact he preferred alcaraz over stones in many matches when jags or distan couldn't play(when alcaraz was available).

so I kinda disagree there dude.

:eek: ??? forced to play barkley in his first game in charge? forced to sign a 21 year old lukaku instead of an experienced striker. forced to play stones ahead of plenty of defenders?

barkley dosent countil as he is one of England's top young talents and pretty much all managers would of been playing him at that stage of his career.

lukaku forced his way into the squad by playing well as a sub, kone being injured and jelavic being gash, so martinez was pretty much forced to play him.

Stones only got his run of games by jags and alcaraz getting injured. In fact he preferred alcaraz over stones in many matches when jags or distan couldn't play(when alcaraz was available).

Certainly not how I remember it. Barkley wasn't one of England's top talents until Martinez gave him a proper run in the side.
Jags and Distin were imperious last year and so there was no point breaking up that partnership until injury forced it. Stones was given a run and preferred over Alcaraz and Heitinga when injury struck.
Lukaku basically played from day one.
Browning came in where required this season, as did Garbutt last season. Ledson would have played versus Hull was it not for the u17 European Championship.
Deulofeu was given game time until he was more ready for the league.
Martinez has given youth a chance if they are good enough instead of playing older players of a lesser quality.

I know what you mean but I just feel with distan playing as bad as he is I would just play browning while we wait for stones to come back. I would rather see a young player making mistakes and becoming better for it then a older player making mistakes because he is finished.

martinez has this reputation for bringing youth through but it seems to me since he has been here he has only played youth players when he has been forced to.

Last season I would have disagreed, this season I am inclined to agree.

The real test of this is whether Stones is first choice when he comes back (which he should be)

Last season I would have disagreed, this season I am inclined to agree.

The real test of this is whether Stones is first choice when he comes back (which he should be)

I don't think there is any doubt that stones will not be No.1 choice once he returns.

It's not like Distin has come in and reminded people of the rock he has been in the past...he's looked every bit the aging player!

Certainly not how I remember it. Barkley wasn't one of England's top talents until Martinez gave him a proper run in the side.
Jags and Distin were imperious last year and so there was no point breaking up that partnership until injury forced it. Stones was given a run and preferred over Alcaraz and Heitinga when injury struck.
Lukaku basically played from day one.
Browning came in where required this season, as did Garbutt last season. Ledson would have played versus Hull was it not for the u17 European Championship.
Deulofeu was given game time until he was more ready for the league.
Martinez has given youth a chance if they are good enough instead of playing older players of a lesser quality.

barkley has from academy level been tipped to be one of England's top talents and to be a big star for everton, so that point really doesn't stand.

lukaku came on as a sub against West ham and did more in that half then jelavic and kone had done in there previous 4 games. He kinda picked himself.

Stones only got a look in when heitinga getting sold, alcaraz was injured and so was distin. so when every other defender wasn't available then he got his first start In january.

del we had two other wingers who are extremely injury prone at the start of last season. that's right injurys forced del into the starting line up.

Ledson would of played at hull but he didn't. If I got all the numbers for the lottery I would of won it last week.

Browning has only had 10 minute cameos when hibbert couldn't play any more.

Luke Garbutt has only played because of injury to baines and even then he played hibbert over him at times.

We have been blessed with good young players who have taken there opportunities when presented them but I don't belive that is because martinez is some youth bringing through god. I belive that quite a lot of them have been forced through injury or suspension to actually give them those chances.

barkley has from academy level been tipped to be one of England's top talents and to be a big star for everton, so that point really doesn't stand.

lukaku came on as a sub against West ham and did more in that half then jelavic and kone had done in there previous 4 games. He kinda picked himself.

Stones only got a look in when heitinga getting sold, alcaraz was injured and so was distin. so when every other defender wasn't available then he got his first start In january.

del we had two other wingers who are extremely injury prone at the start of last season. that's right injurys forced del into the starting line up.

Ledson would of played at hull but he didn't. If I got all the numbers for the lottery I would of won it last week.

Luke Garbutt has only played because of injury to baines and even then he played hibbert over him at times.

We have been blessed with good young players who have taken there opportunities when presented them but I don't belive that is because martinez is some youth bringing through god. I belive that quite a lot of them have been forced through injury or suspension to actually give them those chances.

What utter bollocks.
Barkley had been shifted from pillar to post. He signed Rom getting rid of the 'elder' Jelavic.
He sold the 'elder Heitinga' knowing Stones was able to step up.

What is beyond belief is that you claim he doesnt play the youngsters; well sorry but if he didnt and these injuries had all occured, why didnt he sign players on free transfers i.e. experienced professionals?

Luke Garbutt hasnt played because Baines is the best left back in England.

He has signed Rom, McCarthy, Besic, Robles (all young) as well as tie young players such as Stones, Barkley, Ledson, Browning to new deals. He has also loaned young players such as Atsu and Del boy.

Dont talk [Poor language removed] mate, its embarrassing.

Get a grip,

Barkley was heading no where, god only knows what wouldve happened if roberto never come in and give him a real chance in his natural position and sorted his head out,

Stones wouldve still been playing reserve football as a RB had roberto not come in, recognized him as a center back and played him despite the odd cock up.

Rom was signed as a first choice striker

Del came as an impact sub with the hopes of him breaking through, he did that then got injured and when he came back it took him a while to get his sharpness back, how many other top 5 teams wouldve brought in a young Spaniard with little top level experience and use them so frequently even as a sub

Reid (contract), Salah (loan) and return Atsu if possible. I think given the injuries we have had, it would be nice for the fans and team if we had something positive to freshen the mood around the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.