James McCarthy

Status
Not open for further replies.
What an engine. Fellaini tried to break him in half and he just got up and kept running. F**king love the lad
And you just know if he'd made that challenge in an Everton shirt, he'd have been off. Ah fcuk it who cares. I might change my username to Jamo McCarthy.

Then again, Martinez is a pretty cool username.

I wonder if newer members think I chose it for Roberto. Just destiny.

Last edited:
Absolute boss. What a steal. His distribution and work rate is brilliant. He won't do anything flashy but he does everything 110% right. What more could you want from him, definitely going to be a legend for the club if we can hold on to him for his career.

He is doing the same things he used to do at Wigan. People bashing him for being a 14m player didn't watch Martinez's Wigan.

He was tremendous tonight. Pundits keep talking about Barry as the type of player whose good work goes unnoticed but for me it's even more the case with McCarthy. He's like a jack russell snapping at the opposition's heels, never gives anyone an inch. Apart from that scary moment when he lost the ball in the second half he was magnificent

He is doing the same things he used to do at Wigan. People bashing him for being a 14m player didn't watch Martinez's Wigan.

He's doing it at a much higher intensity level and much more consistently. At Wigan, he hid away and got swamped too often for my liking; could have been his age and teammates of course, but he did strikingly remind me of Mark Pembridge one week, then look a real talent the next.

In short, he's upped his game to the big leagues very quickly. Delighted to be wrong in how I valued him - £13m or whatever it was looks fantastic value.

Amazing performance tonight - well done to him, he's really impressed me and is vital to our system (one runner and one sitter, rather than two defenders and/or two sitters)

Barkley struggled with fellaini but this guy had the better of him. Hope once the adrenaline wears off he doesn't find that tackle has caused more damage than originally thought - we need him Sunday

And you just know if he'd made that challenge in an Everton shirt, he'd have been off. Ah fcuk it who cares. I might change my username to Jamo McCarthy.

Then again, Martinez is a pretty cool username.

I wonder if newer members think I chose it for Roberto. Just destiny.

I considered just that but then I reembered you've been around for ages with that name, sure you were even on BK with it too.

And yes, not even a booking, 5 feet from Atkinson. Amazing really.

He's doing it at a much higher intensity level and much more consistently. At Wigan, he hid away and got swamped too often for my liking; could have been his age and teammates of course, but he did strikingly remind me of Mark Pembridge one week, then look a real talent the next.

In short, he's upped his game to the big leagues very quickly. Delighted to be wrong in how I valued him - £13m or whatever it was looks fantastic value.
He is the kind of player that looks fantastic in a good team. He was expected to do too much at Wigan, and he tried his best and never shied away, which are the admirable characteristics (along with his quality and stamina) that saw him brought here.

Now, with a role much more defined and limited in its scope, he can excel at what he does best and his tremendous engine is set in low gear when we attack. Without the ball he is now free to chase and harry everyone, everywhere, without stopping

Higher intensity? He is just being the same player in a better team!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.