James McCarthy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did at first, then I looked at him more and realised he had a little talent, I would have been happy to pick him up for around 5m and thought we overpaid a lot at 12m.

On reflection tho, its almost like he was born to play for Everton, hes everything I demand from a player, tireless, bags of talent and he gives 100% for every second hes on the pitch.

So yes, I thought he was crap.

But hes totes not.

It takes a big man to admit he was wrong.

So cool that loads of us all have a different favourite... and mostly because they are performing consistently amazing.

Barry... McCarthy... Lukaku... Barkley... wonderful.

In the last quarter of the game this lad seems to step up his game just as everyone else is dipping. Must have stamina levels off the chart. He's a bit of a machine really. Brilliant stuff.

Proving to be a brilliant signing, energy levels are off the chart. Him and Barry have struck up a brilliant understanding already

Wasn't sold on him when we brought him in but man he is such a quality player. You need a guy like him in every successful team. Knows his role, willing to not do fancy things and get the glory but work hard and keep the ball moving. Excellent player.

It's proper stunned me how quickly he's hit the ground running and the responsibility he's taken on his shoulders to run the midfield in the way he is.

That performance tonight was daft. He has no right to be that good this soon into his Everton career. Scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.